+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Messed up internet connection.

Soulwalker

Default Messed up internet connection.

Hello.

I am now to where i am so frustrated, angry, pissed off, irritated, on the edge to quitting RIFT even tho its a ****in great game. BECAUSE of my VERY poor connection IN rift, not anywhere else(20mbit download/1mbit upload), i am at a WLAN at home. Nothing is wrong as im surfing the internet. When i log on to Rift, ammediatly it lags, huge lag spikes almost all the time, cant play. Closes down my internet on my own computer for around 20 secs, even though not on my girlfriends, works fine as she is playing on a homepage. I got Windows 7 Home 64Bit. Deleted my virus program, made some changes in network settings, tried to change ip adress for Rift with the "Cd c:\games\rift"-and so on help from trion, cant get it to work.. Tried restarting the router, it just doesnt work, ANY of it. So ******* lame.

Hope anyone can help me, i am willing to try EVERYTHING.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TonZe View Post
    Hello.

I am now to where i am so frustrated, angry, pissed off, irritated, on the edge to quitting RIFT even tho its a ****in great game. BECAUSE of my VERY poor connection IN rift, not anywhere else(20mbit download/1mbit upload), i am at a WLAN at home. Nothing is wrong as im surfing the internet. When i log on to Rift, ammediatly it lags, huge lag spikes almost all the time, cant play. Closes down my internet on my own computer for around 20 secs, even though not on my girlfriends, works fine as she is playing on a homepage. I got Windows 7 Home 64Bit. Deleted my virus program, made some changes in network settings, tried to change ip adress for Rift with the "Cd c:\games\rift"-and so on help from trion, cant get it to work.. Tried restarting the router, it just doesnt work, ANY of it. So ******* lame.

Hope anyone can help me, i am willing to try EVERYTHING.
    what wifi card is in your machine?

Telaran

Have you tried to connect directly to your modem and not use your router. may narrow down where the problem lies if that works just fine. Also may try port forwarding your router using the ports in the FAQ. think its like 6200-6900, I may be wrong

+ Reply to Thread