+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Graphic Issue

Default Graphic Issue

I was playing the game just fine until Sunday evening, when I suddenly started having an issue where my screen would freeze for a couple of seconds, then turn black, then go back to normal. This problem has been persistent since then.

I'm running a GTX 460 with up to date drivers. I've also tried rolling my drivers back and using beta drivers, but the issue persists.

Any suggestions?

Soulwalker

What are your complete PC specifications?

Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz
    6 GB RAM
    Windows 7 64 bit.
    GeForce GTX 460 by Palit

Again, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using any 3rd party software to monitor the temperatures of your processor and/or graphics card?
    Last edited by zwimox; 03-17-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    Ruranak - Cleric - Greybriar - Guardian :: Sacred Haven

ASrock p67 Extreme6 - i7-2600K @ 4.80Ghz O.C. - 8GB XMS3 - 2x HD6970 - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
    Antec Lanboy Blue - 80GB SSD

Yep, my sensor log from GPU-Z shows a maximum temp of 74C.

The card is factory overclocked and I haven't manipulated it at all. Is 74C too hot? I heard if it was below 80C you should be okay.

I've also tried tweaking the fan speed to provide more cooling but it didn't seem to help at all.

Hmm, upon review of the GPU-Z log file, I noticed the GPU load % would get as high as 99%, then suddenly bottom out at 0.

I'm not sure what to make of that.

Soulwalker

I'm having similar issue with GTX 470 from Gigabyte. Instead of turning black the screen turns on 16-color mode (like I'd have CGA graphic or something) and freezes. It's usually back to normal after a few seconds but sometimes I have to hard-reset the computer.

Btw. there's no info about the graphics driver that stopped working or anything like that in Windows Event Logs.

I to have a graphics issue:

I am on Windows XP with the service pack upgrade. PC specs in Sig.

What I experience sometimes is, Floating parts of bodies on other players. Sometimes I see a floating head, feet, and hands, but nothing else running around. I also sometimes just see armor wondering around with no feet, head, or hands showing. I also see this happening in various differnt combo's like head, arms, torso, and hands showing with no legs or feet, etc. Again does not happen all the time, maybe once a day, and the players that i saw missing extremities are not missing all the time, they eventually go back to normal. If I die, or go through a gate port, or leave the zone they are in and come back.

This does not happen all the time, just here an their on other players, never my own. As far as what my toon is wearing sometimes after I die or use a gate port, my toon armor changes color, and will stay that way until I log off, and log back in, Die or use a Gate port.
    Warrior:Pala/Reav/ 6-Champ    Mage:Ele/Pyro/Chlo off spec Chlo/Arch

Shadowlander

I am having the same issues with the floating bodies. This happens more often then not. I port to Sanctum and have to wait almost a minute for the NPCs to appear. There are times i run through Sanctum and I get a loading screen. I have played since beta2 and only started getting problems at launch. Heck I remember running every setting to max in the last beta (minus shadows) and not one lag or floating head. Now I run the game in low rendering and still low FPS and lag. If I do a clean install of nvidia drivers, the game runs great for an hour or so then back to floating heads and fps lag.

Core 2 Quad Q8200 / 2.33 GHz
    RAM 8 GB
    GTX

ASUS ENGTS450 DirectCU
    TOP/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 925MHz OC,
    1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP

Quote Originally Posted by bellyphat View Post
    I am having the same issues with the floating bodies. This happens more often then not. I port to Sanctum and have to wait almost a minute for the NPCs to appear. There are times i run through Sanctum and I get a loading screen. I have played since beta2 and only started getting problems at launch. Heck I remember running every setting to max in the last beta (minus shadows) and not one lag or floating head. Now I run the game in low rendering and still low FPS and lag. If I do a clean install of nvidia drivers, the game runs great for an hour or so then back to floating heads and fps lag.

Core 2 Quad Q8200 / 2.33 GHz
    RAM 8 GB
    GTX

ASUS ENGTS450 DirectCU
    TOP/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 925MHz OC,
    1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
    I wonder if it could be Nvida drivers, and how they react to Rift? I use MSI, which seems to be a mix of ATI, and Nvidia in one card. I sure hope we get a quick fix on this situation. Glad someone else been having the problems I have, I though my new card was a deffect. Relief to know it might not be.

Not glad about the problem, but glad that it probly is not my Gcard.
    Warrior:Pala/Reav/ 6-Champ    Mage:Ele/Pyro/Chlo off spec Chlo/Arch

Soulwalker

What hard drives are you guys using? My laptop has a SSD and freezes all the time but my PC also has a SSD and doesn't freeze at all. There are posts hypothesizing that SSDs cause the issue but I don't think the cause has been pinpointed yet. I'm trying to test whether I continue to get these "soft freezes" on different preset in-game graphic settings to try to narrow the causes down.

Shadowlander

i used this one.....
    266.58_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql
    and then tried the beta...
    267.24_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_beta

Soulwalker

Just as an experiment, I'd go into the Nvidia Control panel and force the fans to 100% all the time. Then see if it happens.

Shadowlander

well as for me, i know its not my card getting got cause i have SmartDoctor and I also have the side of my computer off and a housefan on blowing into the computer case. I think at max my video card gets around 110'f

I noticed a new driver on nvidias sidte.
    Version:267.59 WHQL
    Release Date: 2011.03.15
    Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

so gonna try that one and see.

Telaran

windows xp slick ? time to upgrade

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast