Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Error Handler. Any fix for this?

Soulwalker

Default Error Handler. Any fix for this?

So, been playing normall, questing, rifting and tanking away.

So, yesterday my game decided to minimize, and an Error Handler popped up. I thought "Damn, game crashed". But, to my surprise I could just maximise it and keep on playing. Thinking eveything was fine, I logged off after hitting 42 and went to make some food.

Came back a few hours later, ready to get back to leveling, but no. After hitting "Play" on the launcher, I get to the screen saying "RIFT", you know, the whole banner thing, and the game closes down again, Error Handler deciding it has found some little error. So, I tried a reboot, still nothing. Recover, still nothing.
    Reinstalled the whole damn game, after cleaning any trace of Rift away from my PC.

What do you know, still nothing. Every driver, etc is up to date. Anyone have any clue about this thing? Not really that satisfying trying to play a game, when all I get to see is the damn Rift banner screen and a Errorhandler message.

Regards, Grevling.

What firewall/AV are you using?

You say the Rift Error Handler pops up, what does it say? Is it attempting to send error information? Are you perhaps getting a driver reset error that interrupts your game but does not disconnect you?

Soulwalker

Turned of any kind of Firewall or AV that might conflict with it. Still nothing.

The error handler says: "An error has occured" then it gives me 2 options, to report and close, or report and restart it. Nothing else, tried everything I could think of to make it work, but nope, nada.

Regards Grevling.

I take it you have reported it via the handler?

Sounds like you are getting a device driver reset during game play....

Take a look at event viewer:

Open Event Viewer

Event Viewer is an advanced tool that displays detailed information about significant events on your computer. It can be helpful when troubleshooting problems and errors with Windows and other programs.

Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer.* If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Windows Logs...number of logs that track errors...see what you find.

I recently started getting the same error after updating windows 7 x64 to service pack 1.

Tried reinstalling, updating drivers, restoring, etc. Closes immediately upon clicking Play after logging in.

Only way I can log in is to restore system to before SP1 update.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

Soulwalker

I've had the same issue since install. I was able to play the opening cinema, then it shut down. Get error handler ever since. If you find a solution, please post it up. Thanks.

Soulwalker

Hope there is a solution for this out there, as it is starting to become really annoying.

1) best way "around" the issue is to open task manager and end the rifterrorhandler.exe process if it begins to minimize your game.

2)second way "around" is to make sure you do NOT have any websites open...close any open websites before logging in and the error handler seems to avoid being triggered.

***note: may NOT work for everyone as everyones comp. is different, but I've had success with both of these methods as have a few others on the forums.

***also, this does not FIX the base issue, which is something Trion will have to help us out with.

L to R: Jadeth, Ivo, Emaranthe, Jaeger
    Rift Fan Fiction!Ch. 11 of Book 3 is here! New web address: www.writezalot.com
    "The most articulated value in Greek culture is Areté. Translated as "virtue," the word actually means something closer to "being the best you can be,"

Soulwalker

Tried those few things too, nothing.

And as for the event manager log thing, nothing there related to Rift. No error messages popping up at the time I try and launch rift.

Any more ideas? Getting frustrated with this, and with Trions lack of response on the matter, as I am CLEARLY not the only with this issue.

From the time of install, and up till the error message startting to pop up, I have installed nothing new on my pc, etc. Only thing that has changed is a few hotfixes to the game from Trions side.

Regards, Grevling

Soulwalker

Anyone else experiencing this issue? or happen to have any input on the matter?

Some Trion response would be great, but not counting on that to happen anytime soon.

Regards, Grevling

Did you install service pack 1? That broke it for me in the way you are describing.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

Soulwalker

I am runnin Windows XP, and as far as I know no new SPs have been installed.

Ran just fine, then suddenly: "WHAM!". Nope not working anymore. Submitting and error report everytime it happens, so Trion probably have about 8000 of them from me by now.

Soulwalker

Tried everything I could find online, everything I could do that could possibly fix it.

If anyone have any more suggestions, they are plenty welcome.

Regards, Grevling

Soulwalker

Iron,

I did a recover and it fixed the issue for me. I hope it's as easy for you. I'd had the same issue since install. good luck

Soulwalker

Tried a recover, not working, reinstalled everything from scrath, still nothing. Not tried it after the latest patch though, so have to check that laters when home. Will update if the stupid problem still persists.

Regards, Grevling

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast