+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ATI 11.4 beta drivers: increased Rift performance.

Rift Disciple

Default ATI 11.4 beta drivers: increased Rift performance.

I downloaded the 11.4 early preview drivers yesterday since they increase Dragon Age 2 performance. Little did I know, however, that they also have a major effect on Rift's performance. Before installing these my FPS would plummet in Ironpine; now it never drops below 55 and I was able to raise spell effects and particles with no performance hit.

Download them here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/AMD-Cata...load-2687.html Win7 and Vista x64/x86 only.
    Last edited by Sintek; 03-15-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Rift Disciple

What's with the short edit window?

Anyway, forgot to add that even though the description says these are tailored toward the 6800 series, the fixes also apply to the 5800s.

Sva
    Soulwalker

I never used anything but 11.4 on Rift. That being said, I can at least say that the drivers are rock solid.

Would these work on dual 5770's? Getting a new set up and would like to be seamless when I log on.

Telaran

ati official drivers should be released any day now. u may want to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by sc1ence View Post
    ati official drivers should be released any day now. u may want to wait.
    The official WHQL drivers will be Catalyst 11.3 (due tomorrow), which will actually be older than these 11.4 preview drivers.

Soulwalker

Cannot confirm this man, do you use any special settings? dx9 mode? Anything else, maybe in Catalyst center?

Shadowlander

Downloading now.

Hopefully this will fix the horrendous framerate I get running 3xHD 5850s.
    3x Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition GPUs :: Cooler Master HAF X:: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Core i7 920@3.8Ghz ::12GB Corsair XMS3:: OCR Agility 2 120GB SSD
    1.2kW Corsair PSU ::ASUS P6T:: Noctua Cooling

Default nope

Nope no fix for us crossfire guys. * Turn's on RadeonPro again.... Stupid world map flicker..

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Surtain View Post
    Would these work on dual 5770's? Getting a new set up and would like to be seamless when I log on.
    Would also like to know this, crossfiring 5770 on my new rig

Shadowlander

11.4 preview drivers seem to have had no performance gain for me. 18FPS in Meridian on high settings with no AA or AF.

It's pretty disgusting when Metro 2033 runs 3x better with Ultra settings and full DX11.
    3x Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition GPUs :: Cooler Master HAF X:: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Core i7 920@3.8Ghz ::12GB Corsair XMS3:: OCR Agility 2 120GB SSD
    1.2kW Corsair PSU ::ASUS P6T:: Noctua Cooling

Default AMD link for 11.4 beta drivers

Last edited by Bismillah; 03-15-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Rift Disciple

It's unfortunate that they don't seem to be having an effect for everybody. I know for certain that my FPS did increase on a single reference 5870. I use no special settings other than the multi-core CFG "fix," and disable desktop composition in the game exe properties.

Bismillah: I would have linked the AMD page but when I went to it earlier today they had removed the file. I figured they were prepping for the official release, new beta version, or something.

One good thing about 11.4 is that the CCC lag is completely gone. I know a lot of people don't like it since it does use an inordinate amount of resources, but I still prefer the ease of access to quality and performance settings when testing.
    Last edited by Sintek; 03-15-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Soulwalker

Default 11.4 mobile drivers

This may help guys/gals with laptop ati graphics. I have a laptop with mobile ATI 5870HD and these drivers smoothed things out for me a lot - combined with installing the radeonpro app after advice given in another thread

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=340227

select the mobility mod - this isn't official ATI, and you will get an unsigned driver warning, but they seem to be A ok

+ Reply to Thread