+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are you joking?

Soulwalker

Default Are you joking?

I'm tired of this, every day between 7pm - 9pm everyone is attempting to play with a 2k-30k ping.

Everything is totally impossible to accomplish; the amount of times we've got greenscale raids to 20-30% and the mysterious period pops up where the whole server seems to lag out completely for hours on end.

Get it fixed Trion, this isn't professional at all. One-two days of it would have been bad enough but this is the same problem for over a week now. Fix your servers routing problems.

Soulwalker

40 minutes of no lag, then it starts again when Greenscale boss gets low.

what a joke

Might want to provide some details to your problem. I never have more than 100-200 ms ping no matter when and where I play. And last time I checked I'm part of "everyone".

Are you on a specific server? Are you in the US? Are you playing over wifi? Etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooley View Post
    I'm tired of this, every day between 7pm - 9pm everyone is attempting to play with a 2k-30k ping.

Everything is totally impossible to accomplish; the amount of times we've got greenscale raids to 20-30% and the mysterious period pops up where the whole server seems to lag out completely for hours on end.

Get it fixed Trion, this isn't professional at all. One-two days of it would have been bad enough but this is the same problem for over a week now. Fix your servers routing problems.
    Everyday at those times are usually your ISP throttling your network. Who is everyone, the whole server or just you and friends.

This will be beyond Trion is is a daily thing, you will need to contact your ISP and have this dealt with.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

Quote Originally Posted by Kalec View Post
    This will be beyond Trion is is a daily thing, you will need to contact your ISP and have this dealt with.
    Actually Trion has helped with some ISPs. The poster just need to provide more information to start the process. For starts, who is the ISP?
    Go forth and do, just blogging about it is the same as inaction.

Yes that true, Trion has helped. But for a situation like this, might be beyond trion and a problem with heavily saturated nodes on his end.

Which is most likely peak times. More details are needed.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

Soulwalker

Everyday at those times are usually your ISP throttling your network. Who is everyone, the whole server or just you and friends.

Everyone is my whole Guild who are raiding except 1-2 people, and a LOT of people shouting it in world chat. This isn't my ISP - this is Trions servers.#

Sky is my ISP and yes I'm from the UK.

But my guild are from different places in europe; Sweden, Finland, France and they are all suffering from the same lag.

And FYI I've been with the same ISP for years, they have never ever throttle between two certain times, this has ONLY happened while playing Rift. It isn't coinsidence, everyone can see where the problem lies.
    Last edited by Wooley; 03-14-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Everyone is my whole Guild who are raiding except 1-2 people, and a LOT of people shouting it in world chat.
    Then that's not everyone, now is it?

I have never experienced this, my guild hasn't, and as far as I know, nobody on my server has, either. At least nobody's complained about it in chat. Don't really care how pissed you are at Trion, there's no reason for you to make generalized statements like "Everyone is having this same issue" when clearly, not everyone is.

It's just like being sick; if you spout off enough that you're sick, sooner or later more and more people who aren't actually sick are going to start saying that they're sick, too. Same as this case. You cry wolf, and people will follow you just to be whiny.

I'm not saying it's your ISP's fault. But if there are people on your server who are NOT experiencing this issue when you do, then obviously it's not entirely on Trion's end, either.

Zab
    Champion

Everyone is my whole Guild who are raiding except 1-2 people, and a LOT of people shouting it in world chat. This isn't my ISP - this is Trions servers.#

Sky is my ISP and yes I'm from the UK.

But my guild are from different places in europe; Sweden, Finland, France and they are all suffering from the same lag.

And FYI I've been with the same ISP for years, they have never ever throttle between two certain times, this has ONLY happened while playing Rift. It isn't coinsidence, everyone can see where the problem lies.
    Sounds like isp throttle to me! i've never had this issue on any of the realms i play on. If it's possible i'll logon to an EU server tonight and see what my latency is.
    Last edited by Zab; 03-14-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Ascendant

ISP throttle or congestion. I get this to starting at 8pm through to around 11pm. Nothing to do with the Rift servers.
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

Zab
    Champion

I'm on an EU server right now from the US and my latency is only 179. How long until i start lagging like you said?

+ Reply to Thread