+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comodo Firewall and Rift patching issue

Soulwalker

Lightbulb Comodo Firewall and Rift patching issue

This post is not to create a diatribe about anything, but meant to hopefully get the eyes of someone who can get this to the development team.

Comodo Firewall, no matter what I tell it, does not trust Rift after the launcher gets patched. So when the launcher gets patched and updated then it changes something (seems to be version number) and so then Comodo doesn't think it is the same program. It causes me to have to CTL+ALT+DEL to close out Rift as it loads into a blank screen that cannot load the game because Comodo won't let it connect.

Putting the firewall on extremely low settings for this is very ineffective and compromises my systems security. It would be nice if the development team could create a decent workaround for this so that I can keep settings up so that I don't have to make it trusted files each time the launcher gets updated.

I think others are having this problem as well most likely. Comodo is doing it's job but in a bit of an overprotective way because the programs launcher changes.

Thanks for reading and I hope the development team gets this to potentially create a better work around for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokeatoe View Post
    This post is not to create a diatribe about anything, but meant to hopefully get the eyes of someone who can get this to the development team.

Comodo Firewall, no matter what I tell it, does not trust Rift after the launcher gets patched. So when the launcher gets patched and updated then it changes something (seems to be version number) and so then Comodo doesn't think it is the same program. It causes me to have to CTL+ALT+DEL to close out Rift as it loads into a blank screen that cannot load the game because Comodo won't let it connect.

Putting the firewall on extremely low settings for this is very ineffective and compromises my systems security. It would be nice if the development team could create a decent workaround for this so that I can keep settings up so that I don't have to make it trusted files each time the launcher gets updated.

I think others are having this problem as well most likely. Comodo is doing it's job but in a bit of an overprotective way because the programs launcher changes.

Thanks for reading and I hope the development team gets this to potentially create a better work around for this.
    Trion cant fix a commodo problem

Soulwalker

Comodo see's it as a new program because it gets a new signature each time the patcher updates. That is the sole reason. I am basically letting them know that it it happening. Could be happening with other firewalls as well. But that doesn't happen with other programs I have or other updating games.

+ Reply to Thread