+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I think i found out why my account was hacked, Facebook?

Default I think i found out why my account was hacked, Facebook?

Well when i logged to discover my main toon was ***** and pillaged I came to the forums etc to find a solution.

I never visited any sites other than this one

always have AV running etc

I really couldn't figure it out. Plus I have been busy at work to really sit down and think

Then I realized something so simple that I forgot about.

I had realized that for my PW for the game was also the same PW I used for FaceBook. Also I am a fan of RIFT on Facebook.

I am wondering if people who are on RIFT's facebook page are being targeted. I think from what I read and hear in the news that FB has alot of issues with accounts being hacked etc and if the people who are on the RIFT page are being targeted.

You can say its my fault for using the same password on too different sites but being FB you would think its security would be a bit better (all changed now and not the same)

SRY RIFT but i am unfriending you

I just want to warn anyone that if you have a FB account and are a fan of RIFT on their FB page then you might get targeted through FB.

Yup .. Facebook did it.

Problem solved, folks.

YES.

SOOOOOOOO many people refuse to believe it is social media websites. IT IS. Count on every one of them.

Twitter

Facebook

Myspace.

Facebook being one of them. My mom actually got keylogged through facebook. She had some home business information stolen.
    I SLIDE INTO FORUMS LIKE CONSMO KRAMER SLIDES INTO JERRY'S APARTMENT

YEAH BUDDY!

Quote Originally Posted by Cedarva View Post
    Yup .. Facebook did it.

Problem solved, folks.
    It could came also frm FB since alot of ppl just allow apps and what not
    Are you ready for the Onslaught?
    Xen of Onslaught

TwilightAngel
    Well you better be.

Champion

How is it that all of you people getting hacked have never visited any other site ever? Please explain.

Honestly, tell me you've only ever visited facebook and this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Herculeet View Post
    How is it that all of you people getting hacked have never visited any other site ever? Please explain.

Honestly, tell me you've only ever visited facebook and this website.
    I mean game related.

If someone is targeting this game they are gonna use game related sites or sites with game realted content, Like FB it has RIFt game related content on it
    Last edited by RESCUE119; 03-13-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Rift Disciple

Here's one for you. I've not been hacked and I've never been on facebook :O

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RESCUE119 View Post
    I mean game related.

If someone is targeting this game they are gonna use game related sites or sites with game realted content, Like FB it has RIFt game related content on it

My brain is going to explode. This drives me nutty. You could have gotten hacked just by visiting your churches website.

This is a huge misconception that you victims have, you think you have to go to a rift related site to be compromised. Big mistake bucko.

I've visited game related sites (mainly before the game came out to help with the withdrawals xD) and I visit FB daily.. and I'm friends with Rift.. So I dont guess I really help in this discussion. But I did use the same email/pw for Rift and Facebook.. Bad move on my part =\
    Cliche
    Seastone(PVP) - Guardian
    Ascian - http://www.ascianguild.com/

Default Twitter: in game auto tweeting possible cause for hacks?

Just thought of something. There's an option to put in your twitter information in game to update your followers on how your in game progress is going.

Could this have some influence on the loss of accounts? Considering you put your twitter info in game. But what if people are using account info as the same info as their twitter log in? Could users possibly get your rift account info via twitter?

Let's stir the possibilities other than idiots clicking shiesty sites.
    I SLIDE INTO FORUMS LIKE CONSMO KRAMER SLIDES INTO JERRY'S APARTMENT

YEAH BUDDY!

Plane Touched

My brain is going to explode. This drives me nutty. You could have gotten hacked just by visiting your churches website.

This is a huge misconception that you victims have, you think you have to go to a rift related site to be compromised. Big mistake bucko.
    It's possible, but what are the odds of someone putting a hack on a church website to steal rift accounts? It's not like people are coming here to post that their rift account has been hacked and their CC is maxed out. Their rift account was the only thing compromised. A targeted attack would be a waste of time on an unrelated site due to the incredibly slim chances of finding what you're after.

Shadowlander

First time I have ever been cool for not using Facebook or Twitter. Woot go me.

yes maybe. but why would someone setup to target people who are visiting my "church site" for my RIFT account info.

Would it not be easier to lure people in by providing content based on the information you actually want to get ahold of?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
    It's possible, but what are the odds of someone putting a hack on a church website to steal rift accounts? It's not like people are coming here to post that their rift account has been hacked and their CC is maxed out. Their rift account was the only thing compromised. A targeted attack would be a waste of time on an unrelated site due to the incredibly slim chances of finding what you're after.

Targeting Rift? No. It's just a keylogger that will grab info and they can log into any game you play. Goldselling sites sell for every mmo. Sometimes they do steal your cc info and use it months later to activate an account, but for the most part they just want your ingame currency because that's what they deal in and there is almost 0 chance of law enforcement being involved when someones plat is stolen.

that's actually a pretty good idea

has most of the hack victims have that Twitter feature on?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast