+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you think this graphics card would do on rift?

Soulwalker

Default How do you think this graphics card would do on rift?

Currently I'm playing on an intel chipset with 1024 mb of vram does shader 3.0 and stuff but just cant keep up with it. Currently on the lowest possible settings allowed it plays at 17 fps....thats standing still...and its pretty unbearable so building something asap and have this card laying at the house.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161303

That card will still be playing on low, with higher FPS. But not by much.
    Please do a dxdiag and post it here.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

Had a hard time finding benchmarks but it looks like that card will do nothing or very little to improve your situation.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...art-ii-23.html

Soulwalker

Here ya go. Didnt want to copy and paste the huge line of text.

DxDiag.txt

Soulwalker

By the way thats the laptop im running RIFT right now on.

Soulwalker

Cool thanks for the replies gonna look at something else. just trying to put something together quick. Found this barebone No OS what you think?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...3&Sku=SYX-5007

Soulwalker

I have a radeon 4850 and I can play Ultra settings with 25-35 fps perfect to enjoy the scenery and questing, when doing major invasions or pvp I lower to medium and get 50 fps, still any card newer than this will prolly do better and their cheap. I have some friends with radeon 5k series and they have some bugs with the game so a 6k series would be best or go for a nvidia.

btw : That barebone seems too expensive for such an old processor, you can get a phenom x4 at decent prices or any intel core 2 duo, any quad core will do even the lower ones, but for gaming usually a faster Dual core gives better performance since most games dont use the four cores yet.
    Last edited by Acceleratum; 03-12-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Soulwalker

btw : That barebone seems too expensive for such an old processor, you can get a phenom x4 at decent prices or any intel core 2 duo, any quad core will do even the lower ones, but for gaming usually a faster Dual core gives better performance since most games dont use the four cores yet. Just make sure to get 4Gb of ram, a 7200rpm disk, and a medium line graphics card, anything above a radeon HD4870 should do preferently a mid range 5K series or a low/medium 6k series, im not into nvidias but they do give less problems with drivers and are more stable most of the time.

That system from tigerdirect is just terrible. Tigerdirect has one of worst prebuilt systems I ever seen.
    Over prices, and just terrible parts.

You will regret buy that system. Just build your own, and be done.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

+ Reply to Thread