Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I am about to quit this freaking game.

Angry Why I am about to quit this freaking game.

Of all the things a person would want to quit a game for, bad story line, boring game play, grinding, bad graphics, class imbalance.......why do I wanna quit? CAUSE EVERY FREAKING DAY THERE SEEMS TO BE A PATCH AND IT SCREWS MY GAME UP!

I LOVE THIS GAME BUT I CANT PLAY IT HALF THE DAMN TIME!

I get Error messages, 1008, 2001, 1002, 2110....you name it, I get it. Then when I DO fix the error message, I cant startt he game cause it hangs up when i hit the "play" button....I have to go into the task manager, end the executable, then try again...and again....and again....and again....until it finally decides to launch.

Now, today....the stupid thing download yet another patch, Im already expecting the worst and what do I get? ??? "It is necessary to re-download the entire game in order to patch." Would you like to proceed, yes, no.

I have just about had it. I cant even enjoy this game for any length of time for errors and bad patch installs. I never had this issue with other game this often, every week. I can understand if a game has in game issues this early at launch, but not even being able to get it to run half the time??? REALLY?!?!?!?!

I submit ticket after ticket after ticket and its some freaking copy>pasted response that has ntohing to do with my issue.

Of all the reasons to quit a game....a game that I like and want to play!?!?! I have not complaints about the game itself, justt he fact that I cant play it half the time! Im at my wits end man....

Who's getting your stuff? Are you on Firesand or Argent EU?
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

Plane Touched

Do you right click the rift game icon and hit Run as administrator? This might be the problem with patching.

Quote Originally Posted by saos View Post
    Do you right click the rift game icon and hit Run as administrator? This might be the problem with patching.
    This aint he problem with the patching bro. Ive tried everything,..run as admin, changing the security rights on the game folder itself to everyone with full rights, reboot, re-install...you name it. THis is getting utterly ridiculous.

Fix your PC mate.
    Nobody else is having so many issues with the patcher :J

seems like its a problem with your system man. Just going by my personal experience i have yet to run into a single error message. The game runs smooth and the patcher works fine and i get no problems with it. You may want to look for errors in your own system for this. And on the note about the customer service problems you have been having, they are really busy with all the account hacks and such but still looks like shoddy response. idk whats up with that. Hope it isnt a forbearer of what it will be like in the future.

So what you're saying is that your dedicated Pentium 3 WoW system can't handle Rift? This is Trions issue how?

Some of those Errors are related to Servers being down......not Trions fault you can't simply check the server status page.

end the executable, then try again...and again....and again....and again....until it finally decides to launch.
    and if it doesn't launch you will hit it.....WITH A SPOON!

again and again and again and again and again and again and again....

The only reason why this thread gets the Ethan Macmanus seal of approval is because the guy's sig quotes the best FPS (first person SNEAKER) ever.
    Last edited by Ethan Macmanus; 03-12-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Yes. Use your rage Skywalker.

adorable....
    [b]Shard: Endless░░░░░IGN: Partyrock░░░░░Mage░░░░░Currently: Chloro/Lock/Archmage

Not knowing how to use a computer is hell on folks who play games on them.

The op is the only one who matters.. so because he's having issues everyone must be...

remember this

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    Fix your PC mate.
    Nobody else is having so many issues with the patcher :J
    So by saying YOU arent having any issues, you think that means NOBODY else? Not according to the technical forums. My PC is fine thanks for playing though. Im not having any issues with any other program or game on this PC. BFBC2, BioShock, WoW (yes I still play it)...only rift. ONLY RIFT.

I stopped reading after "every day there's a patch and it ruins my game"

Let me fill you in on what's truth

Game is still new

Patches will happen often

Your computer probably fails

You probably fail at computers (basics)

Your probably bad at the game anyway.

If you're going to quit. Do it now. I don't want to see another post about "threatening to quit cuz I'm not getting my waylol"

Hint OP the North American Server is normally down 8am Pacific time. So yes you will see them error. Also try to click recover and let the launcher look for any errors. But if you log in when server is offline will get error message a lot of the time.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast