+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Error message about files. Recover finds no problem.

Default Error message about files. Recover finds no problem.

I've seen the error as I enter the game that was a problem loading files and that I should run Recover as soon as possible. I then quit out, run Recover, and it claims that everything is fine. This has happened twice now. I have run a full chkdsk as well and nothing was found. Should I reinstall?

Soulwalker

Default Error 1008: Failed to move existing files

If you get this (Error 1008: Failed to move existing files), so I do after this mornings update.

Soulwalker

yup i have same problem since latest patch
    tried recover also and i still have same fault error 1008 now

Soulwalker

Same thing, waste time running recover, no problems found. 2 days ago and then again this morning.

Yep, this is the second time I've gotten the warning:

"The Rift client was unable to load some data because it appears to be corrupted."

Recover reports no problems. The last time I got it, there was a missing texture for the table surface of the traveling vendor in Gloamwood, and there was a death rift open nearby... so I was guessing the two conflicted somehow.

This time, I see no visual indication of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixadhal View Post
    Yep, this is the second time I've gotten the warning:

"The Rift client was unable to load some data because it appears to be corrupted."

Recover reports no problems. The last time I got it, there was a missing texture for the table surface of the traveling vendor in Gloamwood, and there was a death rift open nearby... so I was guessing the two conflicted somehow.

This time, I see no visual indication of a problem.
    I got that error last night for the first time, gasped with a small panic attack and let it recover (after it warned me that the process could take *considerable time*).

After a 15 min scan, and a 819mb patch download (I was already up to date so I am not sure exactly what that was, unless it was a corrupted ...patch replacement?) I logged back in.

Got the same error. Played anyway. On my 4th or 5th Rift, the rewards square with the Rift reward bag icon in it was.. pink. A pink square. I don't know what to say.

I played through it and suffered no serious harm from the pink. Not yet.

I am still a bit afraid.

+ Reply to Thread