+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Computer Graphics Help Please

Soulwalker

Default Computer Graphics Help Please

I have an Acer Aspire x3400g and it has the GeForce 9200 in it. It's that pesky slimline design typical of welfare walmart computers. My question is does anyone know what's the best card I can put in it to make Rift actually run? Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathkin View Post
    I have an Acer Aspire x3400g and it has the GeForce 9200 in it. It's that pesky slimline design typical of welfare walmart computers. My question is does anyone know what's the best card I can put in it to make Rift actually run? Many thanks

Didn't read it all the way through, but that search function works like magic! Your answer may be here.
    Last edited by hard2say; 03-11-2011 at 02:50 PM.
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    Sloppy - Guardian - Millrush
    http://www.oblivionarmy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathkin View Post
    Here is a blurb from Acer's site for various cards that could have come in that system

NVIDIA® GeForce® 9200 Graphics
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 320 with 1024 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, supporting NVIDIA® CUDA™, PhysX™, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.1, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1, OpenGL® 2.1, OpenCL™ 1.0
    NVIDIA® GeForce® 315 with 512 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, supporting NVIDIA® CUDA™, PhysX™, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.1, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1, OpenGL® 2.1, OpenCL™ 1.0
    NVIDIA® GeForce® 310 with 512 MB of dedicated DDR2 VRAM, supporting NVIDIA® CUDA™, PhysX™, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.1, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1, OpenGL® 3.1 OpenCL™ 1.0
    Dual independent display support
    16.7 million colors
    MPEG-2/DVD, MPEG-4 decoding
    WMV9 (VC-1), H.264 (AVC), DivX® decoding
    HDMI™ (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support

ATI Radeon™ HD 5570 with 1024 MB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM, supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 5.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL® 3.2, OpenCL™ 1.0
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 with 512 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 5.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL® 3.2, OpenCL™ 1.0
    Dual independent display support
    16.7 million colors
    MPEG-2/DVD decoding
    WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
    Microsoft® DirectX® Video Acceleration (DXVA) application interface (API)
    HDMI™ (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support

I would maybe get a an ATI 5570 as it looks like you wouldn't be able to go much more with a 220W power supply that comes with the system. Just make sure you buy the card from somewhere where you can take it back if it dosen't work

Soulwalker

Well the problem is with the 220w power supply I don't see many cards <ones on the list included> that will actually work with the power supply. They all want like 300w or something.

+ Reply to Thread