+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clothes and Hair Still Randomly Changing Colors

Default Clothes and Hair Still Randomly Changing Colors

Even though this was supposedly fixed in one of the patches the problem seems to be worse than it was before. Just running around questing in Droughtlands in about a 30 minute span my clothes and hair turned green 3 times.

Still having this issue. I've noticed it seems to happen more often if the camera get's panned around in a way so that your character is no longer visible. Once you shift the camera around again to where you can see your character you magically have green armor and hair.

Just so you don't feel "picked on" this has started happening for me too on several characters. Every so often their clothing turns black (which in itself is kind of cool). Once changed the clothing does not revert until a relog.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aastarius View Post
    Just so you don't feel "picked on" this has started happening for me too on several characters. Every so often their clothing turns black (which in itself is kind of cool). Once changed the clothing does not revert until a relog.
    There is a temporary fix that you can do without a full relog. Open your character screen then
    Ctrl+left click to preview the item and it should change back. You have to do this for each piece that changed.

I was doing the daily's in Endless Citadel last night and because of all the spots you can have your character appear off screen for a few seconds while entering and exiting the towers I had my clothes change about 10 times on me.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensDemise View Post
    There is a temporary fix that you can do without a full relog. Open your character screen then
    Ctrl+left click to preview the item and it should change back. You have to do this for each piece that changed.

I was doing the daily's in Endless Citadel last night and because of all the spots you can have your character appear off screen for a few seconds while entering and exiting the towers I had my clothes change about 10 times on me.
    Almost seems faster to relog. Though I'm having the same issue. The black armor is cool, but I'm not digging the gray hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift_Rider View Post
    Almost seems faster to relog. Though I'm having the same issue. The black armor is cool, but I'm not digging the gray hair.
    I can ctrl click the items faster than it would be to log out in the world with the 20 second log out delay and then the reloading back in. Not to mention this can happen multiple times within a a short period of time and relogging that much would probably drive me more nuts in the end.
    Last edited by HeavensDemise; 03-20-2011 at 09:04 PM.

I have this issue to. even my hair changes to a tealish color its a minor issue but very annoying when i dye my armour black and red etc. some i had cyan armor and it went black and red go figure.

i have character screen open so you can see the color armor should be and the color it went

i have included pics.
    http://i54.tinypic.com/2s1m24x.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/j81e2w.jpg

i wouldnt mind the armor but my hair being teal ewwwww

o_O how would you notice this? i'll have to try to pay attention to it. i've used dye to change all my armor green anyway though..

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrel View Post
    o_O how would you notice this? i'll have to try to pay attention to it. i've used dye to change all my armor green anyway though..
    It's not hard to see red armor and purple hair all the sudden turn to an ugly shade of green.

Soulwalker

This "snot green" as i've called it rarely happends to me but usually happends when I teleport or resurrect, I guess something failed to render or along those lines but I just relog to fix it.

Still having the problem and it's still just as annoying. I would love to see some sort of official reply concerning this issue.

i get this bug quite a lot also.
    It's always turned my armour an attractive black and white combination however, no 'snot green', so I don't actually mind it.

Am curious if it affects our characters to everyone else though? Perhaps those people I see running around meridian with hideous dye jobs are actually victims of the 'snot green' menace?

It's been going on since at least beta 4 that I recall. I imagine someone must be working on a fix, but since it's taken this long, it mustn't be a quick one.

Quote Originally Posted by pigeons View Post
    i get this bug quite a lot also.
    It's always turned my armour an attractive black and white combination however, no 'snot green', so I don't actually mind it.

Am curious if it affects our characters to everyone else though? Perhaps those people I see running around meridian with hideous dye jobs are actually victims of the 'snot green' menace?

It's been going on since at least beta 4 that I recall. I imagine someone must be working on a fix, but since it's taken this long, it mustn't be a quick one.
    Just curious as to what color you armor usually is when it's not affected by this glitch? So far my hair has always been purple and it's always turned green when this happens. As for the armor from the dye's I've used it seems that anything red or yellow will also turn green when this happens.

One more thing I'm curious about(and this goes for anyone with this issue)is what kind of graphics card you are running? Just wondering if it is an issue for both Ati and Nvidia cards.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensDemise View Post
    Even though this was supposedly fixed in one of the patches the problem seems to be worse than it was before. Just running around questing in Droughtlands in about a 30 minute span my clothes and hair turned green 3 times.
    My armor seems to randomly turn blue. As far as I can tell, it seems to happen only when zoning out of a Warfront (and does not happen every time). About once every day or two though, I find my self Smurf'ed.

+ Reply to Thread