+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HD 6870 and Game Killing Graphics Issues

Default HD 6870 and Game Killing Graphics Issues

I've come to the conclusion that this game engine simply isn't compatible with my card, a XFX Radeon HD 6870 card, bought last autumn.

The game is really painful to play, with objects behaving like jelly, stairs blinking like crazy, and the game's missing antialias resulting in edges constantly redrawing themselves.

I'm working on uploading a video to illustate the point. But as it is right now, the game's really painful to play, and if Tiron isn't going to improve the support for cards that was created *after* the game was made, and fix the AA, I really won't be able to play this game on a long term basis.

To put it hard up, RIFT have worse graphics than World of Warcraft as of right now, on this card.

I've attached a dxdiag report, if anyone have any insight in if the problem can be solved. But basically we're talking about a fully updated card drivers wise, with the application profile for RIFT, and everything in the CCC set to Application Controller.

DXDiag Log: http://pastebin.com/081tL6fi (Forum only allow 15000 chars per post)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu6ARUGNW8c

Look closely at the left side of her neck. I'll try and get a recording of the stairs problem later as well.

bump

I grow more and more frustrated with this lack of support every day.

Soulwalker

This game is dieing quickly. It'll probably be around for a few weeks but I've already decided not to renew my sub after my free month. The lack of recognition of a poorly optimized game engine is annoying and amateurish. The game has little to no content right now too, all the people I know playing it have already decided to stop because it's boring.

I think my days of MMO'ing are over. I played WoW for 7 years and thought RIFT was the end all be all but in all honesty no MMO will ever top WoW. I hate it and I'll never play it again but Blizzard is currently "doin' it right" and they have been for 7 years, so it's hard for any competitors to catch up because it's virtually impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Raijian View Post
    This game is dieing quickly. It'll probably be around for a few weeks but I've already decided not to renew my sub after my free month. The lack of recognition of a poorly optimized game engine is annoying and amateurish. The game has little to no content right now too, all the people I know playing it have already decided to stop because it's boring.

I think my days of MMO'ing are over. I played WoW for 7 years and thought RIFT was the end all be all but in all honesty no MMO will ever top WoW. I hate it and I'll never play it again but Blizzard is currently "doin' it right" and they have been for 7 years, so it's hard for any competitors to catch up because it's virtually impossible.

Drama and hyperbole much? Perhaps you are making a funny?

Let's take it down a notch or three.

-Dying....quickly. I'm not seeing this, what game are you playing?

-A few more weeks. In a world where Horizons and Vanguard are still in existence, I have no idea how you can even type that without laughing yourself into a coma.

-Little to no content This game has more content in it at release than any MMO I have played in the last decade. If you can't figure out where and how to get to the content, THAT is an entirely different matter.

-Blizzard...7 years...impossible to catch up... And empires never fall and we all live forever and sun reflects off my sweet shiny ***.

-Poorly optimized game engine is annoying Hey! You get partial credit but way overstated.

I play the game on a 6850 with a modest Athlon II x4 640 oc'ed to 3.4 ghz. As of today I get 32 FPS in Meridian and 25 FPS in Rifts and heavy fighting.
    Last edited by Kuldebar; 03-15-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Zab
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kuldebar View Post
    Drama and hyperbole much? Perhaps you are making a funny?

Let's take it down a notch or three.

-Dying....quickly. I'm not seeing this, what game are you playing?

-A few more weeks. In a world where Horizons and Vanguard are still in existence, I have no idea how you can even type that without laughing yourself into a coma.

-Little to no content This game has more content in it at release than any MMO I have played in the last decade. If you can't figure out where and how to get to the content, THAT is an entirely different matter.

-Blizzard...7 years...impossible to catch up... And empires never fall and we all live forever and sun reflects off my sweet shiny ***.

-Poorly optimized game engine is annoying Hey! You get partial credit but way overstated.

I play the game on a 6850 with a modest Athlon II x4 640 oc'ed to 3.4 ghz. As of today I get 32 FPS in Meridian and 25 FPS in Rifts and heavy fighting.
    +1

you forgot to quote the blizzard is doing it right part.
    Blizzard imo has ruined wow. PvP has completely went down hill since the end of tbc. i'm a 11 time gladiator, 5 times on my hunter/2 times warrior/2 times lock/1 time rogue and once on my pally. rated bg's were a step in the right direction but man do they suck. All the starting raid instances in Cata were boring and the same old mechanics repeated, Hell they even brought ony back... Then i read that they're re-releasing Zul'gurub and Zul'aman? lol i guess they're "doing it right" if you like re-doing all the old content. I could continue my rant but i don't really feel like talking about WoW anymore.

To the OP: i'd like to see a fraps vid of the other issue you're talking about. The one you posted doesn't seem game breaking to me.
    Last edited by Zab; 03-15-2011 at 09:31 AM.

I'm sorry. All I can say it that it sounds like you've already set yourself up to be disappointed. Your card should be fine but I have played other mmos that I had to pony up for an upgrade because I really wanted to experience the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Windcape View Post
    The game is really painful to play, with objects behaving like jelly, stairs blinking like crazy, and the game's missing antialias resulting in edges constantly redrawing themselves.
    Imagine having 3 monitors blinking like crazy while trying to test out 3dsurround... *instant headache* yeah you're not the only one getting these anomalies, and I'm using nVidia

CPU: i7 2600K @ 4.8Ghz Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth P67 RAM: 8 G.SKILL Ripjaws X (1600, running @ 2400) GPUs: 2 x 460GTX's Monitors: 3 x ASUS VG236 w/ Nvidia 3D kit SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 240GB

Quote Originally Posted by Windcape View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu6ARUGNW8c

Look closely at the left side of her neck. I'll try and get a recording of the stairs problem later as well.
    anything where you have to say "look closely" at a video is not game breaking IMO
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

+ Reply to Thread