+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have tips to help FPS?

Default Anyone have tips to help FPS?

I pretty much have a terrible PC, but I am able to at least barely run this game with the setting all the way down. I don't understand why my fps is 5-10 though, because with every setting turned completely down it looks a lot worse than WoW (Sorry if this reference makes you angry I am just trying to give you guys all the info I have.) I am not saying however that WoW has better graphics because with the setting turned all the way up this game is absolutely stunningly beautiful. With low-fair setting in WoW I get about 25-30 fps is there any reason that it would drop so much in Rift?

Things I do to help already...
    Game booster
    Whatever this is http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995594-/58170916 (Well I tried it, but not sure if I did it right because it didn't really seem to help.

My theory on my unplayable FPS is that I have a much further view distance in this game than I do in WoW (Have it turned all the way down), but I see no way to turn it down in this game.

PS. Even factoring in the 5fps leveling 1-9 is the most fun I have had in games for a loooong time.

Ascendant

Lower resolution.
    Buy a better GPU.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Quote Originally Posted by mattya802 View Post
    Lower resolution.
    Buy a better GPU.
    Lower resolution helps? I didn't see a difference decreasing it to 800x600

bump bump bump

Telaran

save money for a new computer..or just upgrade the gpu... there's really nothing you can do to a "terrible" system to force games to run better.
    Last edited by Foca; 03-11-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Soulwalker

Lower resolution helps, but it makes the game look even worse playing at your non-native resolution.

GPU is secondary, this game is makes the most out of a good CPU. It loves quad cores.

Upgrade to a decent quad core CPU if you can, then get a decent video card.

You can turn the visible distance down Settings > Video > Advanced > top of left hand column called terrain distance (I think).

Look at the Shaders setting too fps improve the lower this is imo.

Soulwalker

My computer meets the recommended requirements and it's still terrible FPS. So it's playable only with terrible graphics, granted it looks nice cranked up, but recommended settings aren't enough for that. Even adjusting the settings to medium did nothing for frame rate. Refund please.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
    Lower resolution helps, but it makes the game look even worse playing at your non-native resolution.

GPU is secondary, this game is makes the most out of a good CPU. It loves quad cores.

Upgrade to a decent quad core CPU if you can, then get a decent video card.

This is SO true, I played beta with my old hardware (single core CPU + new GTX560 GPU) and was getting same as you, maybe 10-15fps... I decided to upgrade the old crap before launch and spent about $300 at newegg on a phenom II X4 3.2ghz, new mobo and ram... now I'm 60+ in towns... trust me, upgrade CPU first and at least get a dual core, but quad cores are so cheap it's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ashrock View Post
    My computer meets the recommended requirements and it's still terrible FPS. So it's playable only with terrible graphics, granted it looks nice cranked up, but recommended settings aren't enough for that. Even adjusting the settings to medium did nothing for frame rate. Refund please.
    You probably have spyware sucking the bandwidth from your compooter. Try Malwarebytes and scan that shiz.
    -= Omikon =-

Quote Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
    Im lying? It amaze me how some dumpster clown on this forum can be so dumb, calling to those who call me trolls too.

Rift Chaser

I have and AMD Tri-Core 3.2 GHZ with DDR3 ram and I play with all graphics maxed. No issues at all. The entire setup with a Motherboard cost me $230 at Comp USA

You can only fine-tune system settings so far. You need new parts, sorry to tell you.

EDIT: Nevermind.

I'm not sure how to help, apart from maybe getting a new GPU.
    Last edited by nacho; 03-11-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Smile

I have good specs on my laptop, aside from having a graphics chip that sucks completely. So I get 3-8 FPS at any given time and lower resolution does nothing. So yeah, you probably just have to give in and get a new computer. Or just try to enjoy the crap frame rate, like I do. 8D

Soulwalker

More processors just mean you can run more processes. For example if you have a dual core...with Rift running and Teamspeak you can have all your background processes on one and Rift on the other so that all the processing power for Rift is not being shared with the other background crap. Granted dual core and above is the way to go by all means, a good single core is fine, just make sure to pair it with RAM and a good graphics card.

I am running a pentium 4 with 6 gigs of ram and old azz 9800GT and getting 45-60 FPS with graphics cranked. Goes to about 25 when major invasion comes and 100+ people spamming AOE. I will admit though I have nothing else on this computer installed.
    Last edited by Rakkasan; 03-11-2011 at 08:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast