+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift client corrupted.

Default Rift client corrupted.

Hi there

Just downloaded the patch (appeared to be successful) and I logged into the game and got this message (screenshot):

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/3...0310204133.jpg

I ran the Recover tool and everything seemed to be fine, but upon the second log in, I still encountered the message.

I haven't played the game yet, but I'm currently logged in and so far everything seems normal.

I'm wondering what exactly is wrong.

Thank you.

Plane Walker

Same thing happened to me but after I ran file check, no more errors. Also, did you by chance defrag right after installing the latest patch? I did, not sure if it's related to that or not.
    "Ye have the stench of WoW about ya boy! It's the foul odor of sour e-peen and DPS parsers! Cleanse yourself first and then we'll talk!"

Quote Originally Posted by VisceralMonkey View Post
    Same thing happened to me but after I ran file check, no more errors. Also, did you by chance defrag right after installing the latest patch? I did, not sure if it's related to that or not.
    Nope! Just got home, and ran the game; used the Recover tool and tried again.

I'll run the file check while I grab a bite.

I got the same error too. But I didn't get it until I logged in for the second time after downloading the patch.

Soulwalker

got this during patching and got that fixed got in game and now it's doing it there and I can't move. I can run, and spin but not move forward. If i jump I get stuck in air and hover. I contacted a GM in game and he was stunned. After sometime of him trying to help he suggested a re-install. I've been through 7 recoveries and 4 re-installs. A bit tired of them. Please Trion help with this.

I got this same error the 2nd time I logged in after the patch. Ran recovery and it said I was up to date already. I'd say call them. Their phone number is listed on the knowledge base. Maybe they can suggest something to fix it besides a re-install.

Thank you for all the replies; like some here, I ran the Recovery once again on the 10th (2nd time) and the problem seemed to have vanished.

It's back today (12th) though. I am running the Recover tool, and keeping my fingers crossed. I did not have any problems yesterday (11th).

Concrete info from Trion would be nice though.
    Last edited by empyrean; 03-12-2011 at 08:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread