+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Since last patch, action bars messed up

Quote Originally Posted by RivenDusk View Post
    Hmm. This sounds a lot like a UAC (User Account Control) problem. That's where windows Vista/7 doesn't allow a program to write new data on its own, among other things, thus settings like action bars don't get saved, instead living in the RAM until cleared or something else pushes it aside. ;-) Try turning off UAC and see where that gets you.
    I've been looking all over for where the actionbar setup is saved, just in case it is a problem with permissions, but as far as I can tell they aren't saved loacally.. they are saved serverside.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by RivenDusk View Post
    Hmm. This sounds a lot like a UAC (User Account Control) problem. That's where windows Vista/7 doesn't allow a program to write new data on its own, among other things, thus settings like action bars don't get saved, instead living in the RAM until cleared or something else pushes it aside. ;-) Try turning off UAC and see where that gets you.
    Sadly enough, i have the same problem on Windows XP ;p Really annoying, but i have faith Trion will fix it quickly

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cthuhu View Post
    I've been looking all over for where the actionbar setup is saved, just in case it is a problem with permissions, but as far as I can tell they aren't saved loacally.. they are saved serverside.
    This sounds most likely. A good test would be if someone used the same account on two diffrent machines with rift installed. If you have the same issue its much more likely that its a problem connect to your account or char(s).

I cant find any indication of Rift saving char data locally, anybody know?

Soulwalker

Ok, so i switched to a trash role, used the port once and it reset as usual. I went to my main role i use and used the port and all my action bars stayed just fine. This might be an option for people who are having the problem.

However, mine only resets ONCE after i login and use a port, so if yours are resetting on death, lvl, role change, etc. then this may not work.

Soulwalker

Ok, so this might sound odd. But did any1 of you get to keep the Turtle mount even though i didn't buy the collectors edition? Im not saying it has anything to do with this issue, just trying to connect you all.

Write me a PM if u are not comfortable about writing it in public...

Telaran

Small patch today, anybody still having issue?

Soulwalker

Default Me as well

After the 4th time of ressetting the hotbars on my 3rd role I decided to be done on that build. It is very frustrating. Occurred after 1.01.

Soulwalker

Default No mention of fixing it.

I saw nothing in the patch notes about fixing this crap.

Soulwalker

Ok, hotfix #7 issue is still not fixed.

Yep, this just happened to me as well. Very annoying.

Soulwalker

This has been happening to me since the big patch. It only happens to my main spec, if I change to my second spec all my action bars still have the abilities set. At least I am getting a good memorization of where all my spells go, but it gets annoying heading into battle then realizing I can't defend myself.

apparently this is how its done. dont acknowledge the problem and fix it when nobody is looking. that way it never happened. i just wish they would get on with it. so sick of this crap

Rift Disciple

Still having this issue.

At this point it is getting really obnoxious and irritating. How many hot fixes since the main patch that caused this bug? Fix it already.

Soulwalker

Bump. I have issue as well. Please fix.

Win 7 64 bit.

Exact same issues as everyone else in the thread has been explaining.

Soulwalker

Unhappy

same thing, please fix

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast