+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Since last patch, action bars messed up

Telaran

bump bump fix

Soulwalker

Same, most noticeable on level up. Only started happening with last patch.

Rift Disciple

started happening to me just now. logged on to start my weekend of rifting to see action bars empty (minus the main one). joined a warfront and lost them again. i dont mean to be a jerk in anyway but if this isnt taken care of my subscription info is gonna have to disappear from account management until it is.

Soulwalker

please trion can we get official acknowledgment of this issue?

Soulwalker

...or at least some workaround for the time being? It's quite annoying have to setup my action bars over and over.

Soulwalker

Default Same here

I have the same thing happen on one of my toons, but not all of them, just that one toon.

Very annoying.

Soulwalker

Same problem on my paladin reaver. When I use a porticullum or swich roles my bars erase with the exception of my main bar. Super annoying, but I'm certain they are now aware and we'll get a patch quickly.

Soulwalker

What on earth would lead you to think that they are aware of it? There are multiple threads about the problem over the last two days and they can't be bothered to expend the 15 seconds of effort for a "We are aware of the problem and are working on it at present" post.

There are lots of threads here with lots of problems, some worse than this. Mind you, that doesn't excuse their failure to acknowledge what is a game-breaking ui bug for many of us.

A simple "We are looking into this"-type response does a world of good in removing the growing anger and frustration I, for one, am feeling about the extended silence on the situation. In fact, the absence of such a response leads me to the belief that they are NOT aware of the problem. If that's the case, a 6 page game-breaking bug thread without any awareness on their part is a worse problem.

I could huff and I could puff, but no threats are going to blow their house down. If it's not fixed soon, I will cancel my sub. Not a threat, because seriously, no user can threaten an MMO and I don't see a crowd of torch-wielding peasants at my back. Just a statement of how game-breaking I consider the bug to be for my enjoyment of the game.

I'd describe Rift as 4% bad, 15% meh, 60% good, 20% excellent, and 1% game-breakingly bad, and right now, for me, the 1% is winning.

My biggest complaint about those in charge of MMOs is communication. The players need to _feel_ that they are "in the loop", even when they aren't. No tech support issue like this should ever reach 6 pages of posts without some kind of response (yes, I know, if there was an engraved-in-stone rule it would be abused, but here it's a legitimate 6 page thread).

-Lens

Soulwalker

Add another to the list. Same as the rest of you guys, normally when I port or log off/on..

Telaran

bumpty bump, my bad if I sounded like an *******. I really like this game, Trion I love you. But please, this has got to be fixed!

Soulwalker

Seriously, this is bad and that there is no hotfix for this by now is even worse. Get this fixed already.

It's only happened once to me. Was on my level 1 cleric, and joined a group with a guildy, and they (all like 2 abilities lol) disappeared. Hasn't happened since, and hasn't happened on any of my other chars. Dunno what causes that, but I can understand someone that has spent a lot of time on their hotbars and macros getting really pissed off at the wipe lol. That would definitely piss me off!

Quote Originally Posted by titecouille View Post
    Ok, I also use Windows 7 x64, but I'm using Steam. Game is under the Steam folder. Just that I heard some weird issue with Windows 7, where some games can't write their config properly under it. Has to do with permission and stuff...
    Hmm. This sounds a lot like a UAC (User Account Control) problem. That's where windows Vista/7 doesn't allow a program to write new data on its own, among other things, thus settings like action bars don't get saved, instead living in the RAM until cleared or something else pushes it aside. ;-) Try turning off UAC and see where that gets you.

Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

Soulwalker

I have windows XP and the problem only started after the patch, so it can't just be a windows 7 issue. For me the problem only occurs right when I log in after a port, and it only happens to the role I am currently on.

Tonight when I logged off I switched to a trash role that I don't care if it gets reset, we shall see if that fixes the issue at least for the role I play often.

I also submitted a ticket in game..no response, I thought Trion was doing so well until now.

I also have the problem since last patch and I submitted a bug report yesterday.

It happens when I use the porticulum, when I log in and when I switch roles: role 1 (main role used to level) --> role 2 --> role 3 --> role 2 --> role 1: spells are there on roles 2 and 3 (even when I switch back and forth), but as soon as I go back to role 1, all action bars except the main one are empty.
    Haven't tried dying or leveling yet, I avoid going out of Meridian so I don't aggro and desperatly look for my nukes

I deactived the UAC, restarted and logged back on, my action bars stay when I log in or when I use the porticulum, but still disappear when I switch roles.

This is a VERY annoying bug, I can't go level, I can't go harvest to craft afterwards, as I'm not sure if my spells will still be there when I draw aggro while harvesting!
    Last edited by Vanilaa; 03-12-2011 at 01:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast