+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: How the hell do we contact you, Trion?!?!?!

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple KylarJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default How the hell do we contact you, Trion?!?!?!

    No response to issues that have been around since beta.

    No respose to threads that many, many people have confirmed issues on.

    No response on forums.

    No response on tickets.

    No messages to the community saying things are being addressed.

    No statements explaining what you're doing / will be doing.

    In any other business this would be totally unacceptable and customers would leave. What makes you think this won't happen here?

    You should fire your PR officer, and work out who the hell is supposed to be talking to your customers. Then get them talking.

    The game is great, people. Now work on the communication, before everyone gets so pissed off with you that it doesn't matter how great the game is anymore.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    456

    Default

    The lack on information has been pretty disappointing for a game and company that was doing so well just weeks before. Disappointing.
    "Ye have the stench of WoW about ya boy! It's the foul odor of sour e-peen and DPS parsers! Cleanse yourself first and then we'll talk!"

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VisceralMonkey View Post
    The lack on information has been pretty disappointing for a game and company that was doing so well just weeks before. Disappointing.
    Not looking good this week,i still have to play in windowed mode cuz Rift likes to go all dark in fulscreen on my pc, No matter what monitor i use or drivers.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple KylarJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VisceralMonkey View Post
    The lack on information has been pretty disappointing for a game and company that was doing so well just weeks before. Disappointing.
    Agreed, they started well. Did they all then take a celebratory game-launching holiday or something? Coz it's rubbish now.

    Well, not rubbish...just non-existant.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KylarJ View Post
    No response to issues that have been around since beta.

    No respose to threads that many, many people have confirmed issues on.

    No response on forums.

    No response on tickets.

    No messages to the community saying things are being addressed.

    No statements explaining what you're doing / will be doing.

    In any other business this would be totally unacceptable and customers would leave. What makes you think this won't happen here?

    You should fire your PR officer, and work out who the hell is supposed to be talking to your customers. Then get them talking.

    The game is great, people. Now work on the communication, before everyone gets so pissed off with you that it doesn't matter how great the game is anymore.
    Sounds like they dont give a ****e now the game is released.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VisceralMonkey View Post
    The lack on information has been pretty disappointing for a game and company that was doing so well just weeks before. Disappointing.
    I couldn't agree more.

    Although I've resolved my rebooting issues on my own, I thought they would have a presence on their own tech forums to assist customers with issues.

    For a company trying to claim customers in a market heavily dominated by another game, you'd think they would be "seen".

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Especially when people who play this game likely come from other mmo's and make comparisons, even if they don't realize it. Even a message saying they are aware of the issue and are working on it is appreciated, as WoW often does.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Seriusly.. did we pay 50 bucks to be ignored ones the game wont start up? How hard is it so say "we are looking in to it"?

  9. #9
    Rift Master Jaguarundi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    625

    Default

    If you are having problems you should call, while their hours are mon-fri only right now, it might help you.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I tried phoning their UK Tech Support the other day, and the man who answered didn't even know what Latency was...

  11. #11
    Rift Master Jaguarundi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avatre View Post
    I tried phoning their UK Tech Support the other day, and the man who answered didn't even know what Latency was...
    Now that is sad. I really think they need at least a better information base for their front line support team to try and handle things and have procedures in place to escalate it to a second tier of true tech people.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    All I know is that Trion is located in Redwood City, CA, a stones throw from Electronic Arts., But there billing dept is in Ontario Canada ??? Merchant TRN*GAMING 519-568-5201
    519 area code# ON Canada: SW Ontario: Windsor

    A calfornia based company using out of the country billing already sounds bad!!
    There customer support is NON-existent!!
    I have there USA 1-877-70-TRION (87466) Hours: 9AM - 9PM Eastern Time, Monday-Friday.
    That does everyone no good at all. Especiallty on this weekend when my account became ACTIVE and I am being billed for 3 months at a time for a Game that will not install on my computer.
    I do know that if do a Class Action Lawsuit against Trion gaming that all USA gaming with TRION will stop!
    I say this becuase it is a internetbased game and anyone found not living up to there Terms of Service agreement can be suspended due to failure to complete a electronic transaction.
    I payed for this game using a visa card directly from RIFT, My card was charged yesterday it was ordered on March 1st.
    Theres a LAW that basically states that any company selling anything on the internet and not full filling there contract can and will have there licesence revoked and suspended indeffiantly. Meaning TRION GAMING will not be able to support or allow ANYONE from the coutry that the lawsuit was filed in to continue buisness. And this isTrion is located in Redwood City, CA, a stones throw from Electronic Arts.
    And if that's the way they want to Bring this game to a END ??!!!! So be it!
    Better then the rest of us getting ripped off Becuase TRION GAMING won't support there own game.

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,211

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Basadivious View Post
    I say this becuase it is a internetbased game and anyone found not living up to there Terms of Service agreement can be suspended due to failure to complete a electronic transaction.
    I payed for this game using a visa card directly from RIFT, My card was charged yesterday it was ordered on March 1st.
    Theres a LAW that basically states that any company selling anything on the internet and not full filling there contract can and will have there licesence revoked and suspended indeffiantly. Meaning TRION GAMING will not be able to support or allow ANYONE from the coutry that the lawsuit was filed in to continue buisness. And this isTrion is located in Redwood City, CA, a stones throw from Electronic Arts.
    And if that's the way they want to Bring this game to a END ??!!!! So be it!
    Better then the rest of us getting ripped off Becuase TRION GAMING won't support there own game.
    They are not responsible for system configuration problems. While it is important that they work to solve these, they are in no way obligated to troubleshoot for you. A class action lawsuit would not "end" Trion, especially with the relatively low numbers having issues that could be even close to consider "not providing services".

    -----
    As far as the OP. It's already been stated that their customer support has been running behind, and they are working to correct it. They also are not required to give anyone up-to-the-minute updates, I don't get where people acquired this entitlement-type attitude, but it's stupid. Talking too much is typically never a good idea in business either.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 03-05-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    They are not responsible for system configuration problems.
    NO but they are required to fullfill a contract in which case they have yet to do so. even though they have been paid in full.
    When I got my error 1003 I was told to uninstall the game and reinstall the game as soon as I tried to reinstall the game I get theres no version of the rift game on your computer so the update client will now closed ending my game upload.
    So I contacted Support and have not heard anything back from them. I did not say they are required to do up to date advisories but they are required to inform the gaming community that have paid for there service to be contacted in a general timely manner. today is DAY 5 since I bought the game, todays is Day 5 since I have been unable to play a game that will not downlaod. A timely manner apparently doesn not apply to this game.
    My account became active this morning and I live in the USA so now I will be getting charged for a monthly reoccuring fee for a game that will not install.
    So your going to sit there and tell me that if you were going through this mess you wouldn't be alittle upset with TRION.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts