+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Corrupt Patch Data

Soulwalker

Default Corrupt Patch Data

Right, had been playing Rift with the head start and was getting 7FPS on a pretty modern computer, wasn't too pleased, however, was playing it last evening with 50FPS on Ultra and fell in love with it. That's not my problem, though.

Turned on my PC this morning and hit the Rift Launcher, was told I needed to update Rift, or something. Cool, did that, mid-way through the patch my laptop gets a Blue Screen of Death (first time I've even seen one in 3 years, let alone on this laptop) and shuts down. I boot it back up, and hit the Rift Launcher again, press update again, and after a few seconds, it comes up with a message "Rift Patcher is Complete!" or something to that effect. I hit play, and receive the message "Warning - Corrupt Patch Data", which instantly closes down Rift and returns me to the desktop.

So, yeah. I can't play the game I've only just started to enjoy. I'm not very technical, hence the lack of technical depth in my description of the problem, but if anyone has a quick solution or is having a similar issue I'd love to hear from you.

Use the recover option (forces a file check) to fix the corrupted files. Been seeing this issue since beta. Http download sucketh when you have packet loss and/or interruptions.
    Last edited by Aesha; 03-05-2011 at 04:40 AM.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

Soulwalker

You mean, like a system recover, or is there an actual Rift recover or such? Sorry, as I said, I suck at technical stuff. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anseleon View Post
    You mean, like a system recover, or is there an actual Rift recover or such? Sorry, as I said, I suck at technical stuff. :P

Rift recover. Once you login, you get a screen with LOGIN/UPDATE, and RECOVER.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

Soulwalker

Oooh, many thanks! I'll report in once the recovery process is complete, see if it fixed it.

Note.. if you run into "corrupt data" again, you may have to do it more than once. I had to run recover 3 times, and each time a few more files got fixed. Fact is, http transfer is prone to these kinds of errors. Just keep at it, you will get there! Hopefully they will all get fixed first time through for you.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA

Soulwalker

Fixed first time, it would appear! Back to enjoying Rift. My thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Anseleon View Post
    Fixed first time, it would appear! Back to enjoying Rift. My thanks!
    Quite welcome, enjoy!
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA

+ Reply to Thread