+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boosting Frame Rate in Rift for ATI (my experience in finding a fix)

Default Boosting Frame Rate in Rift for ATI (my experience in finding a fix)

http://taugrim.com/2011/03/03/boosti...e-in-rift-ati/

If you have an ATI video card and have been getting crappy FPS, that link may help you. Basically I tried a number of different things recommended in threads on this forum.

I finally found a solution - installing the latest CAP (Catalyst Application Profile) - after I had de-installed and re-installed Catalyst Control Center (the UI for managing video settings).

Anyway, I spent enough time experimenting that I wanted to share with you what worked for me.
    Taugrim
    50 R8 Cleric @ Dayblind (Guardian) | 50 Warrior @ Harrow (Defiant)
    Twitter: @taugrim | Blog: taugrim.com
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

Thank you so much. I posted a thread on this several hours ago and no devs have responded. This first week in the game is make or break for me. If my FPS still blows after that week is up, I'm gone. Will try your suggestion... thanks again.

Let me know if any of the things improved your FPS.

My low FPS was driving me nuts until I found a fix.
    Taugrim
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

Telaran

A direct link to the fix he is reporting: latest caps from rage
    http://www.rage3d.com/cap/profiles/A..._11.2_CAP3.exe

This link is at the bottom of taugrums blog that he linked to. Feel free to read his blog, but if you just want the fix. download and install the latest cap.

The rift optimizations are in previous caps which are rolled into this one, not sure if it will help those that had the 11.2_cap2 installed.

I still get less than 10% utilization of my 2nd 5770 and my first never goes above 75%. Cpu never goes above 60% on any core.

I get 35 fps on high settings....

Quote Originally Posted by sc1ence View Post
    A direct link to the fix he is reporting: latest caps from rage
    http://www.rage3d.com/cap/profiles/A..._11.2_CAP3.exe

This link is at the bottom of taugrums blog that he linked to. Feel free to read his blog, but if you just want the fix. download and install the latest cap.

The rift optimizations are in previous caps which are rolled into this one, not sure if it will help those that had the 11.2_cap2 installed.

I still get less than 10% utilization of my 2nd 5770 and my first never goes above 75%. Cpu never goes above 60% on any core.

I get 35 fps on high settings....
    I'm really psyched that CAP3 was just released, it made a *MONSTER* difference in my FPS.

I'm getting about 20-25 FPS on High in PVP, which is good enough for me.
    Taugrim

Cap3 definitely made a difference from Cap2 with me; I can now get 80-100 FPS with the settings maxed out in Fullscreen mode (not fullscreen windowed). Sadly, the bug is still there that causes the game to drop dramatically after certain actions down to 30 FPS

For now I am just keeping it in fullscreen windowed mode with the settings down low enough to get a good framerate at all times. Can't ****ing wait for the "game randomly decides it doesn't want to use your video cards anymore" bug to be fixed so I can make the game all purdy-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Virance View Post
    Cap3 definitely made a difference from Cap2 with me; I can now get 80-100 FPS with the settings maxed out in Fullscreen mode (not fullscreen windowed).
    That's awesome. I'm just happy to get around the capital city, rifts, and PVP without any noticeable video lag.
    Taugrim

Shadowlander

Default 11.2 Cap3 still doesnt fix other crossfire issues

I tried cap 3 in excitement however ther is an issue on crossfire systems with rift where excessive Gpu usage occurs. I have 3 5870's and either intermittently or overtime after I res either a soul walf or graveyard usage goes from say 40% stable usage to 70 to 90 percent and never drops. note not in a rift or anything graphically intensive is happening. Tried cap 3 still didnt fix this issue. Only fix I have found is downloading radeon pro and tweak crossfire to AFR mode. Gpus are stable. Even in a rift. There are other issues still going on with crossfire.
    Last edited by TheSpook75; 03-06-2011 at 06:54 AM.

I'm assuming this don't work with integrated ati cards? Cuz I got Ati Radeon 3100 Integrated Graphics and didn't see a difference..

+ Reply to Thread