+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Client will NOT download.

Soulwalker

Default Client will NOT download.

I purchased the collectors edition last night from the main RiftGame website. I then created my account and verified my email address, basically I followed the steps required all the way up to downloading the client. It will not download. I have tried everything that I could think of. I have canceled my 3 month subscription because this is really annoying me and I think I may go back to WoW. I can't tell you how many times I actually tried to download the client, I would say 1/10 times that i've tried it goes for about 10s and then just quits.......nothing at all. I do get an error occasionally, saying "The file is unreadable", obviously the error is longer than that but that is the gist of it. Now that error happened only twice in my 50 or 60 times trying to download the client. I honestly have never had a problem downloading a game, patch, update or client in my gaming career. I see no other posts about this issue anywhere. Please, does anyone know what the problem is.

You using the download link from your account page?

You download the installer then run the installer...that's not working?

Soulwalker

It won't even begin to download. I am on my account page and I am trying to initiate the download. A download prompt appears, but it sits at Starting....

What browser are you using?

Really need to assess what's going on with your side of the internet atm, because plenty of people can dl the client without issue.

I just downloaded it while I typed this post.

The installer is just under 21 megabytes. The file is named: Rift_LIVE_Patcher_setup.exe
    Last edited by Kuldebar; 03-04-2011 at 09:26 PM.

And uploaded it to file factory for testing purposes:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cad2...cher_setup.exe

It is highly recommended you get the file from Trion, but here is the installer, current as of 5 minutes before this post was completed.

If you cant download from there, try here. I uploaded also.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4L4OAARL
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

Soulwalker

Tried using Firefox and Internet Explorer. Like I said I have never encountered this problem before. But I will give it a try on your posts. Thanks.

Soulwalker

Did it again. Started for 4% and stopped. "Unknown time remaining"

Well, you have something going on on your end.

What type of internet? Through a proxy server? What type of security apps, firewall etc? Browser settings default?

PS: make sure you wait it out a bit and don't jump the gun and cancel the download too quickly.
    Last edited by Kuldebar; 03-04-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Soulwalker

Using a router. Cable modem. Firewall is turned off due to Blizzard updates. Only type of security is AVG.

Soulwalker

Just tried on Firefox and Internet Explorer. Download started and stopped at 4% and 6%. Its still looking like its actively downloading but no progress is being made.

Did you try to download from the patcher we uploaded. is that what gets stuck at 4% and 6%. or is it the actual patcher when you installed the game.

If the problem is downloading the patcher, then you have an issue with your browser/ISP.

If you did install the game, and having issues patching the game, thats a different problem, which can be related to your router config/modem/isp issue.
    Last edited by Kalec; 03-04-2011 at 10:38 PM.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

Shadowlander

Default crap

i purchased the retail copy and accidently uninstalled my headstart download to for the shortcut in the trashcan cuz i was trying to uninstall then reinstall it now i dont have either option or reinstalling after uninstallign it **** what do i do i can't get to the login screen when i hit play it wont even come up? amd i screwed cuz i cant restore the deleted file

Shadowlander

i cant get my client back and cant get the game to download is it possable i can get a link to download cuz i accidently deleted my uninstalled one while trying to reinstall the game?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Want2play View Post
    Using a router. Cable modem. Firewall is turned off due to Blizzard updates. Only type of security is AVG.
    Disable AVG. It is known to cause problems with games.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast