+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I don't want to add a subscription, I just want to play my game.

Soulwalker

Default I don't want to add a subscription, I just want to play my game.

So hey Trion, I just paid $87.53 for this retail Collector's Edition box, but it seems I am required to add a subscription as well before I can play.

I don't want to do that, I don't have a credit/debit card, or a game-time card to add. Is there any way to just skip this step and use the 30 days my product-key gives me?

No

... but before you flame out just know that is the real answer and the way all pay to play mmo's are.

Unfortunately, no. You must have some sort of valid payment method active or you will not be able to activate your game. There is no way to skip that step.

Soulwalker

Well crap :/ I guess I'm kinda stuck for a while.

Most MMOs are $14.99 /month. Theres no way around adding a credit/debit/game card to play this game. Pre-loaded debit cards ftw! They wont charge till the 30 days are up anyway but you still must have a card added to the account. The easiest option is to grab a wal mart money card. Basically a Visa debit that you add $$ to.
    Last edited by Evilnok; 03-04-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Soulwalker

I knew there was a $14.99/month charge, I'm not that silly :P I just don't have a card to add, and I don't really want to spend any more money buying a pre-paid card right now. I guess I will just wait

Soulwalker

You could always try using one of those prepaid visa cards or whatever and then just cancel before they charge you for another month that way you still get to keep the money and not spend $30 on a 2 month card

Soulwalker

I'll try and figure something out, but most likely I'll have to wait a couple weeks.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Azzarth View Post
    So hey Trion, I just paid $87.53 for this retail Collector's Edition box, but it seems I am required to add a subscription as well before I can play.

I don't want to do that, I don't have a credit/debit card, or a game-time card to add. Is there any way to just skip this step and use the 30 days my product-key gives me?
    And just to re-verify, I understood from the beginning that there was a monthly charge. I'm a battle hardened veteran of MMO's, having spent many hours sitting, only my hands and eyes moving at blazing speeds. Killing dragons, goblins, and all other sorts of creatures. I've battled across arid deserts and through lush forests. There isn't a terrain I cannot defeat you on. Swords, spells, or ranged attacks, it matters not. I have mastered online combat, and I certainly have had fun doing so (^^,)

All of this, only to be stopped by digital text telling me I cannot pass...quite an embarrassing situation.

Your credit/debit/prepaid card won't be charged until after the free month is up...if that's what is stopping you.

PS...if you don't any, consider getting a GreenDot, or what I use a NetSpend prepaid card, you can apply for them online from their respective sites. They are not credit cards and require no credit history, yada yada. And you can load them up at various stores, etc.
    Last edited by Kuldebar; 03-04-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Shadowlander

Default lame i just spent 50

Quote Originally Posted by Azzarth View Post
    And just to re-verify, I understood from the beginning that there was a monthly charge. I'm a battle hardened veteran of MMO's, having spent many hours sitting, only my hands and eyes moving at blazing speeds. Killing dragons, goblins, and all other sorts of creatures. I've battled across arid deserts and through lush forests. There isn't a terrain I cannot defeat you on. Swords, spells, or ranged attacks, it matters not. I have mastered online combat, and I certainly have had fun doing so (^^,)

All of this, only to be stopped by digital text telling me I cannot pass...quite an embarrassing situation.
    This is crap I just spent 49.99+ tax preordering it from gamestop and now I got to get a game card which I cant afford atm just to activate 30 free days is kinda lame :/ looks like Im going to fall behind even with the headstart :[

Quote Originally Posted by gothicitizen View Post
    This is crap I just spent 49.99+ tax preordering it from gamestop and now I got to get a game card which I cant afford atm just to activate 30 free days is kinda lame :/ looks like Im going to fall behind even with the headstart :[
    I feel for you, I can relate. Liberate yourself! You don't have to get on the credit card tread mill but you can have the convenience of them with a reloadable prepaid card.

This may not solve your problem right this instance but it will keep you from future occurrences.

Soulwalker

Its not Trion's fault really, its kinda mine for not being prepared. I should have expected something like this. But I will wait patiently. And hope I can find $30

+ Reply to Thread