+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FPS drops after being logged in

Soulwalker

Default FPS drops after being logged in

I have ran into a problem that has been occurring ever since the game went to the live client. When i start the game up and load into Meridian my fps is a solid 60 FPS pretty much regardless of the amount of people around. However, after about 20 minutes or so the FPS degrades until it reaches around 40-45 and stops there. If i exit the game and start it again I'm right back at 60 FPS until it goes back down again. Anyone have an explanation for why this is happening?

Computer Specs:
    Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.4Ghz
    16 GB 1333 Ram
    Asus Sabertooth P67
    1 TB HDD
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 570

Game settings are set to the preset Ultra (not maxed) with AA and Shadows turned completely off

With the rig I'm running was assuming id get 50-60 frames anywhere at all times and pretty much was during beta. Not sure if a bad uninstall or something from the beta client might be the cause or not.

Soulwalker

thought i should add, the video drivers are updated with the most recent release

Soulwalker

Do a search, its been posted numerous times. Its a known issue. I have ati so my fix won't work for you.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dacks View Post
    Do a search, its been posted numerous times. Its a known issue. I have ati so my fix won't work for you.
    I tried searching but didn't find anything as specific as to the problem i was having. I know people across the board aren't getting the FPS they should but i hadn't seen an issue where FPS starts out great but degrades over time.

+ Reply to Thread