+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Patch loop again!?

Soulwalker

Default Patch loop again!?

This stopped happening over the past few days, I thought I was safe but now it has started again. I patch, complete/successfull then it tells me I need to patch again.
    I've purchased the game through steam. I also live in New zealand, I know when I checked the forums for this problem before that there were a lot of players from NZ who had this problem. Is there any permanant fix? I can't even get to the launcher menu because of that popup box.
    Thanks in advance

I just had the same problem. I managed to fix it by setting the main game folder to not be read only.

It seemed like it was downloading fine but just not saving.

I unchecked the read only flag while it was downloading. Probably makes no difference when you do it.

A pie a day will keep the abs away!

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfega View Post
    I just had the same problem. I managed to fix it by setting the main game folder to not be read only.

I unchecked the read only flag while it was downloading. Probably makes no difference when you do it.
    what does this mean because Ive been able to download every patch since launch but this one stops at 59.8/62 MB and dls at 0.5 kb/s. Recover isnt working either.

Soulwalker

I have the exact same issue as the OP, stopped happening a few days ago and has started up again. Hope they fix it soon

@Swarfega I tried unselecting the read only setting on the rift folder but it keeps resetting back to it for some reason.
    Last edited by Magnumx; 03-04-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnumx View Post
    I have the exact same issue as the OP, stopped happening a few days ago and has started up again. Hope they fix it soon

@Swarfega I tried unselecting the read only setting on the rift folder but it keeps resetting back to it for some reason.
    what is this read only setting and how do I apply it?

Soulwalker

I have exact same problem here

EDIT: strange, when I was switched my connection grom dsl to connection from mobile phone everything is fine
    Last edited by Tal Elentari; 03-04-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfega View Post

I'll try that next. Currently deleting everything in the Rift folder except the Assets folder, worked for me last time as a temp fix...for some reason. But now after verifying my Rift folder through steam, it's saying that I need to download the whole thing again, which is odd because I didn't need to do that last time. Anyways, 7 minutes to go and then I'll set up the folder as not read only.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoticHamster View Post
    what is this read only setting and how do I apply it?
    You locate your folder that Rift is installed in, right click the Rift folder, drop down to Properties, click that and you should have a pane open, you'll see it there.

Soulwalker

Ok, just tried setting the folder up as not to be read only, still no go. I know this problem can be fixed, so annoying! I just hope Trion fix it and quick. I've paid for a game that I can't actually play and have done everything on my end to make sure the game runs, the rest is up to Trion.

Soulwalker

I fixed the problem by running "rift-live.exe" in the rift root directory

Quote Originally Posted by Seph79 View Post
    Ok, just tried setting the folder up as not to be read only, still no go. I know this problem can be fixed, so annoying! I just hope Trion fix it and quick. I've paid for a game that I can't actually play and have done everything on my end to make sure the game runs, the rest is up to Trion.
    I have a slow connection so i was able to change the folder settings while the pacher was downloading the patch. Running the patcher may set the folder settings, once its running it may not check, allowing it to be changed. For all i know it may not be a valid for all workaround.

I hope they can find a solution.

A pie a day will keep the abs away!

Soulwalker

Rift Chaser

I'm getting this too, it seemed to be fine for a while there but now it's stuck back into a patch loop.

Disconnecting and reconnecting is fine for a temporary fix, but something needs to be done permanently.
    Disclaimer: I cannot be held accountable for the abuse I'm compelled to resort to in the general forums when faced with blinding ignorance and stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipemoren View Post
    I AM AN ADULT

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Seph79 View Post
    This stopped happening over the past few days, I thought I was safe but now it has started again. I patch, complete/successfull then it tells me I need to patch again.
    I've purchased the game through steam. I also live in New zealand, I know when I checked the forums for this problem before that there were a lot of players from NZ who had this problem. Is there any permanant fix? I can't even get to the launcher menu because of that popup box.
    Thanks in advance
    Try turning off your internet (what ever way works for you) then go to log in, it will say something about the net not working but just click OK, enter your account details, re-enable your net wait a few sec's then hit play.
    This worked for me.

Soulwalker

Yeah that works, its just a pain in the *** and I guess people are just after a more permanent fix or awareness that this is a problem

+ Reply to Thread