+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not Authorized to Play this Game

Soulwalker

Default Not Authorized to Play this Game

Everytime my friend tries to login to patch, it says "You are not authorized to play this game" error code 2002. He changed his password a couple times, but it then gives him error code 2001. And when he logs in with his original password it goes back to the 2002 error. I'm not sure what he should do.

Bumped.

I just purchased the game for my boyfriend. He applied his code, but he is still "Not Authorized to play" after 20 minutes.
    Showtime, P50 Guardian Warrior
    Showdown, P50 Guardian Cleric
    Risette, P50 Defiant Warrior
    Lurie, P50 Defiant Cleric
    11/11 HK, 3/8 ID ~ Where do I find the time?

Soulwalker

Same problem here. A friend bought me the digital collectors edtion from D2D and I added the code. Shows up fine when go to my account, but doesn't let me login.

Soulwalker

Im Having the same problem. Bought the game a little over an hour ago and every time i try to log into the patcher to just patch the game, it gives error 2002. Ive tried restarting my computer, changing my password multiple times.

Soulwalker

error 2008 is something a TON of people are dealing with. It happened when everyone in headstart (a good portion of the player base) applied their registration codes today. Basically its a queue to setup your subscription. The only problem is that the queue doesn't seem to be moving. Some people have had that issue since the servers went down this morning (6 am PST) others only a few hours. It sucks but that's what's going on.

Soulwalker

Read it again, Silver. It's error 2002 - I'm having it too after buying RIFT through Steam.. Tried restarting, reinstalling client, installing it both through RIFT's client download and through Steam, logging in/out of the management page as suggested in some older threads, etc etc. Nowt seems to be working.

Soulwalker

Hrmm... my bad. never heard of that management page thing.. I'll try that lol!

Nope.. looks like its back to League of Legends and Counter-Strike for a few more hours.
    Last edited by silver2k5; 03-04-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Soulwalker

I've just got into the actual patching process. It seems like this is just a waiting game, like 2008 - curious that there are two apparently identical bugs, though. Perhaps they've just renamed the bug?

Shadowlander

Default Same issue

Error 2002......add me to the frustrated list. Completed all of the troubleshooting steps.....even tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the web client....same issue.

The part where they took my credit card info seems to have worked fine though......why can't that be the part that does not work correctly?

Soulwalker

Working for me now. I deleted and reinstalled the patcher, but I don't know if that was the issue or it needed time.

Soulwalker

Same deal for my friend who just bought the game. All account information is correct and triple checked. We used the same CC and the info shows the game as purchased and ready to go. We cannot login and it'e been this way for hours now. Also the phone support of Trion, what's that? A constant endless busy signal.

Was very happy with Rift up until now. At this moment have a disapointed friend with no Trion help in sight.

Soulwalker

Guys and gals, I just did this and got mine to work after 1 and a half bloody hour. I changed my password, then I went to the RIFT Game map on my computer and ran the "selfpatchlive" and repatched. I then typed in my account information in the bars and there it was! I can play the game! If you have tried everything and can't get past the stupid #2002 error, then try this Hope it helps!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Terraful View Post
    Guys and gals, I just did this and got mine to work after 1 and a half bloody hour. I changed my password, then I went to the RIFT Game map on my computer and ran the "selfpatchlive" and repatched. I then typed in my account information in the bars and there it was! I can play the game! If you have tried everything and can't get past the stupid #2002 error, then try this Hope it helps!
    Also want to add that if the "selfpatchlive" wont work, try "riftpatchlive"

Default solved

I had the same error. All I did to fix it was do everything people have been saying; i.e, logging out of browser and client, and restarting computer. At first these really didn't help.. but randomly I was able to get in. I would say try this over and over till you get in.

+ Reply to Thread