+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Model Bug

Soulwalker

Default Model Bug

Ok so logged out last night mounted, logged on today after patch/problems etc and got this

http://img233.imageshack.us/i/20110304162712.jpg

I can't mount/dismount and after turning in to the fox thing the model stayed the same.#

Tried logging out and restaring client, no luck.
    Last edited by Vulgarth; 03-04-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgarth View Post
    Ok so logged out last night mounted, logged on today after patch/problems etc and got this

http://img233.imageshack.us/i/20110304162712.jpg

I can't mount/dismount and after turning in to the fox thing the model stayed the same.
    Did you preorder the collectors edition? If so, have you put in your CE key? If no to the key thats why. They took the mounts off people who havent put in the CE key yet, and if you logged mounted but havent put your CE key in, this could be a bug from that

Soulwalker

I only bought the standard edition, and yes the code is entered.

My mount's been removed but the model is sitting on top of the player model.
    Last edited by Vulgarth; 03-04-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgarth View Post
    I only bought the standard edition, and yes the code is entered.

My mount's been removed but the model is sitting on top of the player model.
    Buy a horse mount or any other mount and mount it. Other thread with this issue states (from a player) that it fixes it. If you dont have the plat for a reg horse, you have to open an in game ticket and be patient.

Shouldnt have logged mounted on release day on the CE mount if ya knew ya didnt order the CE. They gave everyone the turtle during headstart due to a coding limitation on people preordering digital and retail

Warning!

When I looked at the image, an ad (or something) on imageshack's site popped up a window saying "AVG has detected some suspiscious activity on your computer and will take some action" and it only had an OK button on it. So be on the lookout for malware if you view the image.

I'm not saying that the OP is trying to infect anyone, but imageshack definitely needs to do a better job of scanning things that are displayed on it's site.

Quote Originally Posted by MadHouse View Post
    Warning!

When I looked at the image, an ad (or something) on imageshack's site popped up a window saying "AVG has detected some suspiscious activity on your computer and will take some action" and it only had an OK button on it. So be on the lookout for malware if you view the image.

I'm not saying that the OP is trying to infect anyone, but imageshack definitely needs to do a better job of scanning things that are displayed on it's site.
    AVG is crap and most liekly a fals positive. It could be an infected banner ad, but doesnt everyone use firefox + adblock plus + noscript?

If its a bad banner ad, blame imageshack not the op. OP has no control over how imageshack does advertising.

My bet is avg false positive

Soulwalker

Ok i'll see if i can grab a horse, thanks

as for the warning, most likely a banner :\

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    AVG is crap and most liekly a fals positive. It could be an infected banner ad, but doesnt everyone use firefox + adblock plus + noscript?

If its a bad banner ad, blame imageshack not the op. OP has no control over how imageshack does advertising.

My bet is avg false positive
    I don't use AVG, so I know it's a bogus message. Also, I did say that it was not the OP's fault and that imageshack needed to scan what it displays. Try reading my post a little slower and you might notice some of the small details.

Regardless, if people do choose to view the site, they should be aware of the potential danger.

I don't use AVG, so I know it's a bogus message. Also, I did say that it was not the OP's fault and that imageshack needed to scan what it displays. Try reading my post a little slower and you might notice some of the small details.

Regardless, if people do choose to view the site, they should be aware of the False positive.
    Fixed it for ya

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    Fixed it for ya
    It can't be a false positive if I'm not running AVG in the first place. It's a complete SCAM designed to get people to press OK to close the window and thereby infect their system.

But if you know more than me, then by all means, let everyone press the button because ThatTomGuy guarantees that it's ok.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Thought is was funny (at first)

I thought is was funny when I first saw it. Even made a post about it. Now that I'm actually trying to play the game I'm finding it rather annoying.

I'd love to just "buy a mount" but some of us are rather poor.

It can't be a false positive if I'm not running AVG in the first place. It's a complete SCAM designed to get people to press OK to close the window and thereby infect their system.

But if you know more than me, then by all means, let everyone press the button because ThatTomGuy guarantees that it's ok.
    your first post was so very descriptive. Untill this post you werent giving enough details to tell you were meaning the Antivirus xp 2008 or varient type infection.

You should really be a bit more detailed.

EDIT - and i didnt guarantee it was ok, just called it a false positive by your oh so lacking description. I bet you take your car in for a noise and when they ask what kind of noise you stare at them blankly and say "its just a noise" and then ask how much to fix it.
    Last edited by ThatTomGuy; 03-04-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Soulwalker

Ok problem solved, thanks
    Last edited by Vulgarth; 03-04-2011 at 09:17 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Can't command pets while mounted

Quote Originally Posted by fluxdada View Post
    I thought is was funny when I first saw it. Even made a post about it. Now that I'm actually trying to play the game I'm finding it rather annoying.

I'd love to just "buy a mount" but some of us are rather poor.
    Also dying and swimming doesn't remove Mr. Turtle. A more disturbing side effect of the bug is that I can't command my pet to attack/ It gives me a "You cannot command your pet while riding a mount." error.

Graphical glitches are one thing but losing a core functionality of a pet class is another. Hope they get this resolved.

I'm going to put in a GM ticket and hope they can get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by fluxdada View Post
    Also dying and swimming doesn't remove Mr. Turtle. A more disturbing side effect of the bug is that I can't command my pet to attack/ It gives me a "You cannot command your pet while riding a mount." error.

Graphical glitches are one thing but losing a core functionality of a pet class is another. Hope they get this resolved.

I'm going to put in a GM ticket and hope they can get to me.
    you dont have 2 plat even? Thats a horses price

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast