+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible fix for some with fluid gameplay issues

Soulwalker

Default Possible fix for some with fluid gameplay issues

So last night I was fooling around, letting the gears churn trying to figure out a solution to my issue with video stuttering issue I've been having most when turning the camera and sometimes when running. So I decided to monitor my cpu usage on my 2ndary monitor while playing rift. Then it occurred to me that when turbo kicked in for my i7 950, is when I would experience the stuttering. So I decided to disable turbo in bios and bump up oc to what turbo usually places me at, which is 4.2 GHz. Upon logging back in I noticded immediately an average of 15 frames boost AND the stuttering was gone. The only acction is under heavy load like sanctum where my fps drops to about 40. Played this way for several hours and I'm very pleased.

I'm not sure if it will work for others, but it did for me, and after reading many posts about issues with multicore processors and the way rift handles them, it seems that maybe rift doesn't handle turbo technology that well either.

Soulwalker

I would also like to add, before anyone spouts it out, that it is not a heating issue with turbo. I always monitor temps and everything has water on it. My MAXIMUM peak temp on and core has never been over 45c, and my gpu never exceeds 50c. Also I run a 1200 watt STABLE current psu, so it isn't a shortage of amperage either

Soulwalker

Can anyone else verify if this helps them

Soulwalker

shameless bump... hoping to help at least someone besides myself

You have VSYNC enabled?

+ Reply to Thread