+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another impossible low FPS topic; but I love this game!

Soulwalker

Default Another impossible low FPS topic; but I love this game!

Well, to start off... I'm not going to come anywhere near bashing this game and get all sixteen year old /zomgquit on this game. It is a great piece of work and in all honesty... one of the best launches I've seen in an MMO. We've mostly all played WoW, and it is pretty old. Aion had its two weeks in the sun, FFXIV was a walking, clusterbomb of stupidity, ignorance, and unoptimized disaster.

However, looking for some expert opinions on this board as to HOW I can only get 20fps max on Ultra. Here is my set-up.

ASUS X58 MOTHERBOARD P6T DELUXE VER 2
    INTEL BLM 3.33GHZ i7-975 8MB A-51 X58
    12GB ELPIDA DDR3 1333MHZ JEDEC STANDARD PC3-1066
    WESTERN DIGITAL 300GB 10K SATA HDD REV2
    ATI HD4870 X2 2GB PCI-E (Dual-Cards, so two (2GB) cards... don't use crossfire because it is a POS in my opinion with MMo's.
    WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE X64
    ASTEK SINGLE PROCESSOR LIQUID COOLING SYSTEM X58 REV 2
    THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 1.2KW ATX PSU

Don't feel like I should be lagging even though I realize that a good bit of us have computers far *beyond* what Rift can put out. Regardless, this game looks pretty awesome at 20fps on Ultra and it never dips even in Invasions... bizzare. Regardless, I'm going to back to having fun now. No need to throw tantrums like a lot of posts here . Cheers all!

Plane Touched

You don't use CF so basically you have one ATI HD4870? ;d
    Shadows off and no anti aliasing?

Soulwalker

Default Be patient :)

There are some problems with the game engine! Lower your settings until the game is "gameable" and wait for trion 2 fix it

It's brand new and such, so give it a change :P

I remember the release of WoW, jesus!! That was buggy as hell 2

Soulwalker

Thanks all =)

But...but... the pretty shadows?! Yeah, I went ahead and turned them off and get 25-30fps instead of 20fps. But I love my shadows.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kmclove14 View Post
    Thanks all =)

But...but... the pretty shadows?! Yeah, I went ahead and turned them off and get 25-30fps instead of 20fps. But I love my shadows.
    Yeah I love mah shadows as well. Atleast they're less taxing then the ones in WoW. Can run Rift on ultra and get playable framerates most of the time. But it's better if I either turn off shadows or put it on medium and tweak settings slightly.

+ Reply to Thread