General of Telara

Default Having problems with mouse button bindings

I have 5 abilities bound to my mouse.

mouse button 4
    mouse button 5
    alt+mouse button 3
    alt+mouse button 4
    alt+mouse button 5

the two abilities that dont have modifiers work just fine. But when I try and use an ability with the alt modifier it casts the non-alt ability. I have alt+1,alt+2,alt+3 as keybinds as well and they work so I know alt is an acceptable modifier i just dont understand why they wont work with my mouse buttons

Shadowlander

I have the exact same problem. I bind SHIFT + buttons 4 and 5 and can only use the ability once and if I mashing the ability, the icon gets stuck and I end up only performing the abilities that are assigned to mouse buttons 4 and 5. I have to select another ability or click on the stuck buttons to get them to go away where I can use those abilities again. Very frustrating.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by admphi View Post
    I have the exact same problem. I bind SHIFT + buttons 4 and 5 and can only use the ability once and if I mashing the ability, the icon gets stuck and I end up only performing the abilities that are assigned to mouse buttons 4 and 5. I have to select another ability or click on the stuck buttons to get them to go away where I can use those abilities again. Very frustrating.
    Have the same issue, rly anoying when you want to mousover heal on the raid frames

Soulwalker

It's not the (Modifier) + mouse (3,4,...) doesn't work right.. It just rifts doesn't treat modifier keys like modifiers and more like key combo's.

Rifts treats the binds as part a complete key sequence. For example say your modifier is Shift. If you press Shift down then mouse 3 it will work the first time correctly since it a complete sequence. But if for example you then hit mouse 4 the modifier key bind won't be trigger just mouse 4 key bind.

The only way to make it work is to make sure you have shift released before you enter in your next key sequence.

+ Reply to Thread