+ Reply to Thread

Thread: accounts getting hacked already????

Soulwalker

Default accounts getting hacked already????

Logged in today and my 2 main toons both have money and items in bags and bank gone. I am assuming account got hacked. Already put in my ticket to support. Just curious if anyone else had it happen. I dont wanna be the only newb

Currently scanning machine and just angry that it happened so fast..not even a week

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
    Logged in today and my 2 main toons both have money and items in bags and bank gone. I am assuming account got hacked. Already put in my ticket to support. Just curious if anyone else had it happen. I dont wanna be the only newb

Currently scanning machine and just angry that it happened so fast..not even a week
    Did you use the same login information as you have EVER used for ANY forum?

The reason I ask, is my account was compromised too, and I am incredibly secure when it comes to browser security. I run sandboxie 3.52 (best purchase I ever made), comodo defense+ in paranoid mode (almost nothing can get through this), keyscrambler professional, and prevx with everything purchased (another one of the best purcahses I have ever made). Even after all of this, something still got through. This leads me to believe that I used the same login information on a forum that was hacked.
    Which I know I probably did, because when I signed up for beta, I had no intention of ever buying rift, so I used a lot of generic information.

Looks from this twitter feed: http://twitter.com/#!/Heart1lly_ like it's a bug, not a hack.
    Craig: [incredulous] Is that a reference from the Archbishop of Canterbury?!
    The Doctor
    : I'm his special favourite. Shhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mridc View Post
    Rouges are overpowdered.

Soulwalker

actually ya. I usually don't ever have issues. only go to certain websites and not much of an internet person. so I don't have a Internet paranoia. until now lol. i use Malware Bytes and CCleaner and AVG. just cleaned and scanned with nothing found. also firefox browser.

Soulwalker

OMG thats so good to hear.. i wanted to punch my screen and was about to stop playing..i was just so frikin pissed

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post

Same happened to the last char I was playing yesterday evening.

When i logged in today.
    All items except some queststuff are gone.
    Mostly just loot garbage but my equipment was nice for my lvl.

Even mail's i had in my inbox form expired auctions are gone.
    And about 50-60% off my gold.

Have made a ingame gm ticke,t some hours ago but no reply yet.. Mayby tomorrow.

What bug ? Are you sure ? Never found any info about this and the same thing happend to me today. All my items except this soulbounded are gone.
    Are they givin items back or what? Tried writting petition to the Trion but for now, no reply.

Soulwalker

Well It would be nice for them to inform us via a forum post sticky or even reply to our tickets in game.

I dont even know if i should play my chars because if they do a roll back will i loose any new items i acquire? so ive been playing another new char and it sux cause i like it and i really didnt want 3 chars to lvl like i did in wow.

so some sort of a responce would be nice

Soulwalker

Well no responce yet.
    I actualy expected atleast some form of resopnce within 24h on a ingame ticket.

And if it was a hacked account it was rather strange deleting everything since all equipped items are soulbound and give almost nothing by selling (including garbage, and i have a lot of garbage beeing a packrat )
    only on 1 char and taking only abount 1/2 of the gold..
    Last edited by Peranders25; 03-03-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Hacked...

Seriously 8p out of 9p is gone, all my crafting items are gone, and I was only left with some copper bars and the stuff in my bank. My gear was all gone as well and I only have shoulders and a helmet now... This needs to be FIXED SOON.

Soulwalker

I logged in this morning with three of my toons naked, penniless, and parked in front of a mailbox.

I am extremely careful with where I go, what I click on, and what I download, so I am just amiss as to why/how this has happened. I would agree with the bug thing if I were not parked at a mailbox in an area that I had not even been to yet.

I opened a ticket and immediately got a response from a GM saying they would roll my characters back to before they were hacked and tagged the ticket as 'Closed', yet nothing has been done. I reopened the ticket stating that it could not be closed because nothing was fixed, and received the very same generic response from them.

My faith is somewhat shaken that they would already be having hacker issues this early into the game.

I had my character hacked also, same symptoms. Completely naked, no bags, no money, no items - located in a lowbie area near a mailbox.

I sent a support ticket to Trion last night, and I have woken up this morning to find my character rolled back 1 level. I guess the good thing is all my items/bags/money are back.....

Still very concerning seeing just how many people are getting hacked now...

Soulwalker

Well I actually had to call and talk to someone who basically couldnt do/know anything and basically said just wait longer. He also told me to change my email and password.

So basically thats where i stand.

cleaned cache with ccleaner
    Scanned computer with malware bytes

found nothing.

changed email and password

and still waiting.. what a great game

oh and now i cant runebreak any items. i would put in a ticket but whats the point. i get ability is disabled when i try and runebreak.

basically i will play with the bugs and not expect any fixes/resolutions and this way i cna enjoy the game without getting impatient and upset with support or fixes.

Cheers to all

Soulwalker

I have experienced the same symptoms as everyone else in the thread...Would really like to hear from devs if this is a legitimate bug or a hack. Logged out early this morning during a DD run that got stuck on spider - when I logged out I was a ghost with 0% soul vitality. Logged in this evening to a completely empty character, parked next to the Divine Landing mailbox, sitting on my horse.

Now, my first thought was: "Wow...already getting hacked". But then I thought some more. Empty bags and purse, check. Naked character, check. Near a mailbox, check. All of the telltale signs of account hacking. But why would a hacker waste time riding all the way back to the starter zone when I was in Gloamwood (recall is set to Sanctum)? Either way, im changing all my passwords and submitting a ticket, for sure...but doesn't it seem strange?

Soulwalker

My problem is now resolved.
    The character i had problems with was restored to a previouse state.
    I did loose everything i had done between the "incident" and the rollback point.
    (almos 1 lvl xp and a bunch of invasion/rift rewards/currency)
    Thats unlucky for me.
    But atleast it was better than running around in the nude

And the support was quite helpfull & understanding, and quick in responce when they first had started looking in to it.

+ Reply to Thread