+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 99% and Disconnects are BACK

Exclamation 99% and Disconnects are BACK

So , in Beta 7, i have no Connectivity issues.. doubt i even dc'd once. At Headstart I started gettign off and on disconnect problems, then the mass hysteria on the 4-5 servers with the 99% seastone effect(they were calling it hehe)... anyways after looking into every which way i could possibly with my limited knowledge and FAQ forums and driver checks, and talking with my ISP.. cannot figure it out.. i played for hours yesterday no problems.. then at 1am.. Boom disconnects starting happening again.. every 1-5 mins.. then for good, the 99% is back.. try to log back on.. 99% (so im guessing my char is stuck in world.. or?) at any rate... my Extreme cable internet is running faster than ever, and my upload and download speed tests are above average.

Can we Please Find a Fix for this... this monring again.. i played for 30 mins.. then Boom Disconnects started.. and now back to 99%..

Some info From Trion or Anyone would be Greatly Appreciated.
    .................................................................................................
    When the Will Defies Fear, When Duty Throws the Gauntlet Down to Fate, When Honor Scorns to Compromise With Death - That is Heroism.

Telaran

i'm getting the same issue on my emberlord characters

other realms load fine, play fine, emberlord zips to 99%, DCs then rinse/repeat

same.. now i just got on.. played another 15 mins.. rocked a solo minor rift.. killed it, then DC'd.. im GUESSING.. its not TRION.. it MUST be my ISP.. but who knows... im tellign them to give me a new modem when they call back, cause it didn't happen on my old modem in beta (just moved, new modem)

anyways its very frustrating.. when you have to work every night. .and when your trying to play during the day , i have to troubleshoot issues for 2 hours.
    .................................................................................................
    When the Will Defies Fear, When Duty Throws the Gauntlet Down to Fate, When Honor Scorns to Compromise With Death - That is Heroism.

Plane Walker

I have a similar problem i think :/ My ISP is virgin media one of the best in the UK and i have decent 30mb connection with no problems on any other games. I can sometimes only get onto char screen other times it doesnt load, Its not my computer or internet its Trion fix your broken game. Also sometimes when i play its fine for like 1 hour then my ping goes to like 12k then all the NPC's dissapear then im just standing there logged in and nothings responding i can still move and stuff, then i d/c and thats when i get 99% then d/c. Its such a joke Beta 7 was fine with no problems and my headstart has been ruined ive only managed like level 13 since it come out.

All i know is i need to get this figured out, because this game is so damn fun..
    if i manage to stay online an hour im lucky.. i have a tech coming, and if he isnt 100% sure its not goingto come down again, im going to make them give me a new modem, or give me the older version.. or im switching companies, because this is unacceptable.. keep in mind when it does go down, even my internet explorer, or firefox wont open.. until i refresh it... damn you ethernet.. or whomever you are!!

i miss the beta days.. no crashes hehe(ps old house, old modem)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBeo View Post
    All i know is i need to get this figured out, because this game is so damn fun..
    if i manage to stay online an hour im lucky.. i have a tech coming, and if he isnt 100% sure its not goingto come down again, im going to make them give me a new modem, or give me the older version.. or im switching companies, because this is unacceptable.. keep in mind when it does go down, even my internet explorer, or firefox wont open.. until i refresh it... damn you ethernet.. or whomever you are!!

i miss the beta days.. no crashes hehe(ps old house, old modem)
    I am going to assume that you are using the on-board Ethernet port. What I suggest is going to your motherboards webpage and DLing the latest ethernet driver. DO NOT ASSUME WINDOWS DID THIS FOR YOU! After updating reboot and see if the problem persists.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Plane Touched

This happened 2 days ago approx. for Seastone.

What happened, is there was a group of 4 servers that just up and cratered. They crashed twice in a row, and when it came back up, we logged in.

We beat the game.
    Seastone beat Regulos.

All of the NPC's, Mobs, Quest Items, Glowy things, everything... GONE.

We won the internets.

But ya, eventually what happened, is that we sat there for a while, nothing happened. Some of us (me incl.) tried to relog.

Got 99%.

Eventually, the server went down and came back up. Within a minute or two it was back to normal.

PS. I still say we beat the game already.
    Last edited by Darkener; 03-02-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    This happened 2 days ago approx. for Seastone.

What happened, is there was a group of 4 servers that just up and cratered. They crashed twice in a row, and when it came back up, we logged in.

We beat the game.
    Seastone beat Regulos.

All of the NPC's, Mobs, Quest Items, Glowy things, everything... GONE.

We won the internets.

But ya, eventually what happened, is that we sat there for a while, nothing happened. Some of us (me incl.) tried to relog.

Got 99%.

Eventually, the server went down and came back up. Within a minute or two it was back to normal.

PS. I still say we beat the game already.
    THIS....IS....MMO! *kicks*

You only beat it till the next Xpac.
    Last edited by Anakha; 03-02-2011 at 03:24 PM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Soulwalker

I'm getting the same problem. I'm sometimes able to log in and see the world, but have no functionality and am disconnected in about 10-15 seconds. If it is a problem related to ISP, I live on a college campus in their dorms and have no way of modifying my internet so hopefully they can find a way around that...otherwise I'm screwed.

Praying for a fix or indication of progress towards one soon.

This happened to me when I was waiting in a queue. That was unpleasant!

Rift Disciple

I am getting the problem on IceWatch now, I've got reasonable ping on game, and nothing which should be disconnecting me.. Unsure why this is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakha View Post
    I am going to assume that you are using the on-board Ethernet port. What I suggest is going to your motherboards webpage and DLing the latest ethernet driver. DO NOT ASSUME WINDOWS DID THIS FOR YOU! After updating reboot and see if the problem persists.
    ah yes thanks for the suggestion, i have alreayd gone to all my websites and have checked if all my drivers are up to date. they are.. so.. i don't know.. my ISP tech is coming in the morning. . they can fix it , or i can cancel, either way, im not paying for the fastest speed, and getting disconnected every few minutes..

and when i disconnect.. everything is down.. it just have to time itself, or smnooth itself out.. because unplugging, resetting and restarting does nothing..

Telaran

I use Virgin Media and I'm having this issue (Not the 99%, but the constant disconnects).

I saw that another poster with this issue is using Virgin Media cable in the UK. I'm curious to see how many other VM customers are being effected by this?

+ Reply to Thread