+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift thinks I right click dozens of times per click

Shadowlander

Default Rift thinks I right click dozens of times per click

Before anyone asks, no this is not an issue with my mouse. I have checked input loggers on my own, updated all of my drivers, and do not experience this issue in ANY other application at all.

Whenever I right click or hold right click in Rift the game seems to think I am turbofiring the button at random. This ruins my ability to use right click steering as the camera will snap repeatedly to a dozen different locations all at once, completely disorienting me and leaving me facing in a completely new direction.

I can not shop from NPCs without shift right click or else I will buy dozens to hundreds of copies of an item from a single right click. Should I accidentally right click an NPC while moving my camera the camera will instantly spaz out and I will be lambasted by dozens of chat entries from that NPC, completely washing my chat log out.

I can't even right click quest NPCs without sometimes having to right click 10+ times before the quest interaction window opens up because I must send so many signals to the server that they get filtered/stopped.

I use an old Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, it isn't like I have a new age mouse with turbo or anything. I don't experience this effect anywhere else. Someone please tell me some way to alter the game in such a way that it filters all but one right click every quarter second or something?

Is it some sort of Wireless/wired IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0? Also are you using Windows 7 (x86, x64)?
    Last edited by Mugze; 03-02-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mugze View Post
    Is it some sort of Wireless/wired IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0? Also are you using Windows 7 (x86, x64)?
    The mouse is wired. I don't have the issue in any other applications. It is not a hardware issue.

I'm using Win7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Searching reveals I am not the only person with camera problems, but not many others are reporting right click simply turbofiring.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ht=right+click

I have the mouselook problem but not the buying problem

Shadowlander

I have this "turbofiring" problem too. Occasionally when i right click the game seems to think I am rapid fire clicking and will click 4-5 times.

Actually, now that I think about it, that only happens with my a4tech X-7. My Razer Naga does not experience the issue.

I have this problem too and I think it might be causing another problem I'm having with items disapearing when I open them like Augment boxes, or puresource or dusty sacks, etc. do you have that problem where your items disappear right after you right click and it says "invalid target" ?

I also think this is annoying I will forgot to hold shift and end up buying like 2-3 of some expensive item that I only want one of like backpacks or accessories.

Shadowlander

Default Shift + mouse button

I have a similar problem when holding the shift key as a modifier. I hold shift and press mouse 4 or 5 and after a couple clicks, the ability highlights sticks until i click off of it. Just pressing mouse 4 or 5 repeatedly doesnt have this effect.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xeliera View Post
    I have this problem too and I think it might be causing another problem I'm having with items disapearing when I open them like Augment boxes, or puresource or dusty sacks, etc. do you have that problem where your items disappear right after you right click and it says "invalid target" ?

I also think this is annoying I will forgot to hold shift and end up buying like 2-3 of some expensive item that I only want one of like backpacks or accessories.
    WOW. I get nothing out of those boxes more than 80% of the time.

I thought the boxes were just a CHANCE to get a reward. You mean to tell me I've been gypped out of HUNDREDS of puresources and crafter daily boxes by this?

Im having issues too. I never did in Beta though, only after release. Im not using a razer or anything special, just a plain old 3 button mouse. Has always worked before in beta and works now in other games. Its like when i hold Rclick to look around while pressing W and then release Rclick the camera shifts back to the angle i had originaly started at. This makes it tough in PvP to because i move around a lot with this method.

I have the camera angle problem that you mentioned, but not the NPC issues.
    It is a major issue though and is a big problem for me.

Yeah me too - it's driving me mental and ruining my experience of the game. When I run around I hold left click and change the camera angle to point where I want to go before applying the right mouse button - then what happen? I run in another direction.

It's weird, I even installed WoW this morning and opened a trial account to check it on that game and I had no issue at all. So it is a Rift related problem - wish I knew how to fix it because running over to and pulling a group of mobs in a dungeon is going to be really embarrassing.
    Recipe for success:- take a dps meter, add one threat meter, throw in some flying mounts, gearscore and some free epics. Stir in one dungeon finder, achievements, vanity items and refer a friend. Then nerf a few raids, ret-con some lore, remove any crowd control and allow faction and realm transfers. Pour it all into a big bag and throw it off a bridge into a f***ing river.

Firesand RP-PVP server:- Brio 39 Cleric - Kendo 34 Rogue - Kane 15 Mage - Karn 12 Warrior

+ Reply to Thread