+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In Game Issue

Soulwalker

Default In Game Issue

I am having the following problem:

Starting today (this problem did not exist in Beta 6, Open Beta, or in Head Start), whenever I log in and try to move my character around, it is like I am running in extreme slow motion; jumping is the same "matrix movie" like speed. I will hit the space bar, the character will jump up slowly and float down at the same rate of speed.

NPCs appear to move at this same speed.

Other players seem to move at this speed to me unless they are mounted. Mounted they seem to move slowly, then skip ahead about 1/2 the length of the mount.

Changing the video settings from Low, High, Ultra or in reverse does not fix this issue.

Reinstalling the LIVE Client did not solve this issue.

I do have the most recent drivers for my video card.

Below are my system specs:

System Manufacturer: Alienware
    System Model: M17x R2
    Processor: Intel Core i7 Q820 @ 1.73GHz
    RAM: 8GM DDR3
    Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4870

I just want to reiterate that I have changed no settings from yesterday night and tonight. All I have done between those two times is turn the computer off yesterday night and turn it on when I got back home from work today.

Thanks

PS.

I just want to add that I have tried to play other games after this issue started and have not had any issue with any other MMO "the one who will not be named" and with Civilization V, nor with any video playback. This issue seems to be limited to RIFT
    Last edited by Mandralan; 03-01-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Soulwalker

Does anyone else have any similar issues to what I stated above?

Thats a new one on me, and I lurk in this forum a fair bit
    "There is too much hype these days. When people donít know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed" - Will Wright

Googling it gave two answers from other games / MMO's.

1) Something to do with a joystick conflict

2) You have a speed hack installed (which I am NOT accusing you of!)

But I cant see anything else.

So, assuming those are not the issue - could it be a processor problem?
    "There is too much hype these days. When people donít know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed" - Will Wright

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kniknax View Post
    Googling it gave two answers from other games / MMO's.

1) Something to do with a joystick conflict

2) You have a speed hack installed (which I am NOT accusing you of!)

But I cant see anything else.

So, assuming those are not the issue - could it be a processor problem?
    Thanks for the reply.

1) I do not have a joystick installed on this PC at all. The only outside devices plugged in are a Death Adder Mouse from Razer and a Logitech Headset.

2) The only add-on programs on this PC are for WoW and from the Curse Client (things like DBM, OneBag, Bartender, etc.)

However, my WoW account was hacked about 2 weeks ago. It has been recovered and has an authenticator on it. I somehow doubt that this would have anything to really do with the issue with rift.

This problem did not present itself in any form until Tuesday (release day). This problem only presents itself in RIFT and not other games or applications.

I have tried every setting on the advanced tab in the graphics option ingame to Rift (Low, High, Ultra, etc) and it has not changed anything from the problem.

Running rift has not overheated anything (i stay at between 113F and 135F per core on the i7.

this just confuses me.

Shadowlander

I haven't heard of your problem but...

Most likely it's caused by an error in one of your drivers which means go to alienware's site and try different driver versions.

But first I'd try this: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ix-work-around.

You will lose a very small bit of the pretties but it may fix your problem.
    Last edited by Mytheral; 03-02-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks

I will have to try that when I get home from work in about 6 hours.

I do have a small update:

I brought this laptop to work with me today (since I am the IT Manager here, no one says anything) and tried to log into the game via our company's Cisco VPN Client.

The game ran with no problem from here on this (slower) connection. It could be my modem at home (Motorola SurfBoard 5101) or the connection itself, even though the game is not showing any ping/latency problems.

I will try again when I get home.

+ Reply to Thread