+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Ultimate Rift Macro Guide

> If you can only have 1 skill per macro why even bother with macro I can push the skill from my action bars

In actuality, it's one macro PRESS = 1 ability.

> I want to be able to mouseover a critter any critter and mark it or grab focus

You can't do that.

> When I use /target it wants to target the furthest one and behind me most of the time

Yup, that's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    > If you can only have 1 skill per macro why even bother with macro I can push the skill from my action bars

In actuality, it's one macro PRESS = 1 ability.

> I want to be able to mouseover a critter any critter and mark it or grab focus

You can't do that.

> When I use /target it wants to target the furthest one and behind me most of the time

Yup, that's how it works.
    Well since is is suppose to be a guide forum why don't you explain some of the things I am trying to do and how I can do them instead of just saying non since without explanations.
    you know explaining why or how I should be using macro would be much more productive

Quote Originally Posted by rpgwizard3003 View Post
    Well since is is suppose to be a guide forum why don't you explain some of the things I am trying to do and how I can do them instead of just saying non since without explanations.
    you know explaining why or how I should be using macro would be much more productive
    Macros are basically button savers. Why push 4 buttons when you could push 2 kind of thing.

With the things you're struggling to do with @mark and @mouseover, what happens when you use them? And post the macros you're using so we can actually see what you're doing.

"/tar name" will generally target the closest one (or one of the closest ones) to you. It won't always be in front of you though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Soulwalker

Default Loot Without Clicking

If you want to loot without having to click, create the following macro and keep your cursor near your player:

Target @mouseover
    Interact

It's a lifesaver when farming and is awesome for players who don't like using a mouse
    Last edited by ShellyFromTheBlock; 06-05-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellyFromTheBlock View Post
    If you want to loot without having to click, create the following macro and keep your cursor near your player:

Target @mouseover
    Interact

It's a lifesaver when farming and is awesome for players who don't like using a mouse
    Under the "Application" heading in the edit key bindings window there is also an option [interact with nearest entity] which will do the same thing.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Telaran

Is there a way to have a command to target something with a symbole and not a number ?

A thing like :
    /target @symbol Healer
    Last edited by Oddua; 09-25-2019 at 03:20 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Oddua View Post
    Is there a way to have a command to target something with a symbole and not a number ?

A thing like :
    /target @symbol Healer
    Yes, surprised the hell outta my guild when I did it for Estrode... Made killing her so much faster when everything was marked in the first half a sec of the fight rather than rotating through the 8 every time we had to move for a pizza slice...

Just keep going down the list in numbers. That's really all there is to it. 10, 11, 12, 13, etc. Which one is which? They go in order as they appear when you would typically do it manually... So 9 is tank, 10 is heal... Where it gets interesting, is 13, which SHOULD be "Heal #2" is actually the Arrow, and then it continues down that list.

So you'd use the standard targetmark, and just use the appropriate #
    Last edited by Xethx; 09-27-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Rift Master

Default Macro Question

To make a long story short, after an absence I returned, and took a build from the Google Excel Sheet which lists builds, macros, etc.

I'm now using 61 Necro 11 Warlock 4 Elem. The listed macro had spells I don't have yet (I'm level 61 now, and I think those spells are for level 70). Plus I added some my character had to make a longer list of spells - hence the macro.

I was using the old "Gravelord" build which didn't work anymore (minutes to kill one enemy), and I made progress since I can kill faster, but still should be room for improvement. Some of the spells are not showing up during combat. I've mingled Instant and cool-down spells which I think is a no-no?

Would it help if I listed the spells with some detail in this post, or is there a simple rule that my 72-year old min can grasp lol.

Thanks for any help.

R7

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    To make a long story short, after an absence I returned, and took a build from the Google Excel Sheet which lists builds, macros, etc.

I'm now using 61 Necro 11 Warlock 4 Elem. The listed macro had spells I don't have yet (I'm level 61 now, and I think those spells are for level 70). Plus I added some my character had to make a longer list of spells - hence the macro.

I was using the old "Gravelord" build which didn't work anymore (minutes to kill one enemy), and I made progress since I can kill faster, but still should be room for improvement. Some of the spells are not showing up during combat. I've mingled Instant and cool-down spells which I think is a no-no?

Would it help if I listed the spells with some detail in this post, or is there a simple rule that my 72-year old min can grasp lol.

Thanks for any help.

R7
    The guide in the spreadsheet is for level 70 and Necro is rather unpopular because it does no damage. Maybe this old Necro Guide will help you.

But I would rather recommend 61 Pyro or 61 Harbinger for level 61:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5381917
    Last edited by Bamul; 01-30-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Rift Master

Default Macro

Thanks for the reply.

I looked at pyro earlier - no pet; and harbinger is probably melee which I can't do.

So, I took the Necro build in the guide you referenced.

I just have to play around with the macros a little - four macros is a bit much for me.

But thanks again, that really helps.

R7

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    There is, actually. Insta and cast-time together are just fine, what matters is cooldown. ONE non-cooldown spell per macro is usually the way to go. An example:

Spell A, 2 sec cast time, 10 sec cooldown.
    Spell B, 2 sec cast time, no cooldown.
    Spell C, insta, 10 sec cooldown.
    Spell D, 2 sec cast time, 20 sec cooldown
    Spell E, insta, no cooldown.

If you make the macro in the above order, you will only have a sequence like this
    A
    B
    B
    B
    Spells C, D and E are never cast due to no cooldown on B. You just repeat A-B-B-B-A-B-B-B. So, if you change it up a bit, you can do this

A
    C
    D
    B
    E
    But because of cooldowns on A, C and D, but no cooldown on B, E will never ever get cast. The only solution is to remove either B or E from the rotation and then have the other one at the bottom of the macro.

A
    C
    D
    E
    With this, you will cast something like A-C-D-E-E-E-E-A-C-E-E-E-D. All spells are used and when all cooldown-spells are on cooldown, it repeats the no-cooldown spell E until a cooldown-spell is ready again.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

tag for later reference

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42