+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Ultimate Rift Macro Guide

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
    So does that mean if I press SHIFT, icon will change? Coz it doesnt for me.
    No, unfortunately, it doesn't change the #show, I wish it did.

Soulwalker

Default A suggestion for this macro script

Quote Originally Posted by Vogue View Post
    hmm ...

when I tried making a macro like this one :

/cast “Buff spell”
    /wait 2
    /cast “Buff Spell”
    /wait 2
    /cast “group buff spell, buff spell”

for my bard buffs, it didn't let me make 1 macro with more than one ability in it, could be a bug that will get fixed, but on last beta making a macro with more than 1 skill in it wasn't possible.

There's no need to do all the /slash as the game will cut them out of the script anyway. I'm new to macros but maybe you can try #show <name of Buff>
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast <buff>
    wait
    cast <buff>
    wait
    cast <group buff spell>
    cast <buff spell>

I don't know anything about the wait command, but I do know if you want more than one command line you have to script "suppressmacrofailures" I always do it under what is in the #show line. Maybe it would work and maybe I'm wrong, but if someone knows let me know I'm new at this stuff too and can use all the help i can get on more advanced macros

Soulwalker

Is there any way to create a mouseover macro that won't land if the target is out of range or LOSed without having to turn off the auto self-cast feature? I'm healing with mouseover macros on raid frames, and I want to avoid wasting heals/cooldowns by casting on myself when my intended target moves just out of range. I don't want to turn off auto self-cast for everything though, just a few spells. I know this is kind of a longshot question, but it's driving me nuts.

Soulwalker

Default Mark Macro

Can someone be kind enough to show me the macro needed to mark a mob number 1 and at the same time mark a 2nd mob with the same name number 2 and so on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger9427 View Post
    There's no need to do all the /slash as the game will cut them out of the script anyway. I'm new to macros but maybe you can try

#show <name of Buff>
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast <buff>
    wait
    cast <buff>
    wait
    cast <group buff spell>
    cast <buff spell>
    This doesn't appear to work. I tried something similar to cast my mage self buffs, and get an error stating that you can only cast one ability per macro.

#show Neddra's Might
    cast @self Neddra's Might
    wait 1.5
    cast @self Warlock Armor

Am I doing something wrong, or is this the actual intended 'functionality' of the macro system? Seems fairly pointless to have a macro system that only lets you use one ability per 'macro'.

The idea was to quickly rebuff after a rez, and maybe even add a 'use' line for a drink to top off health, but if there's no way to actually cast both buffs, it's a pointless exercise.
    Last edited by Vale; 05-27-2013 at 10:26 PM.
    Server issues? Check here first - http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/

Soulwalker

Okay, so I made this macro:

#show Bloom
    cast [alt] @focustarget Bloom
    cast @mouseoverui Bloom

What i'd like it to do, is heal focus target if Alt is pressed, and heal whoever i'm hovering over on raid frames otherwise. But the alt modifier part doesn't work, only hover part does.

Anyone happen to know what's going on?

Soulwalker

#show Bloom
    cast [alt] @focustarget Bloom
    cast [ctrl] @focustarget Synthesis
    cast [shift] Lifegiving Veil

Is this possible to do? So 1 macro, but has 3 different functions depending on the key
    Last edited by whoair; 06-18-2013 at 12:33 PM.

When I mouse over my macro buttons some of them present a tooltip of whatever ability follows the #show command, but some of them display instead the full text of the macro. What determines this choice?
    Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfury View Post
    When I mouse over my macro buttons some of them present a tooltip of whatever ability follows the #show command, but some of them display instead the full text of the macro. What determines this choice?
    You kind of answered your own question. I believe it is determined by whether the #show <spell> is present or not in the macro. If so it is the spell if not it is the macro text.

Rift Disciple

will this macro work? I want to be able to use it as my starter spell as well as targeting macro.

#show fireball
    suppressmacrofailures
    assist <name of tank>
    cast fireball

if I hit this after the current mob has died it should....I think....ensure that I am always targeting the right mob, the one the tank is on, and then cast fireball.

do I want this though? I would use this in dungeons only but it would tie my fireball spell to the tank.....but what if the tank is not targeting or has died or something, if I tab target then hit this macro because it is also my fireball spell...would it still cast at my tabbed target or would it try to target the tanks target and finding none not cast the fireball.

should I simply have a macro with assist tank name and nothing else?

Shadowlander

I found big problem with casting abilities of pets in macros. Its not possible to add them into macro, because if you do that they will alway stop casting a spell in case that you will press macro again ...

does anybody know what to do in this case? if it will be possible to fix this faerie healer will be great.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletter78 View Post
    Ok, I understand the abuse of the WAIT command, but is there a way to create a macro like this:

cast Motif 1
    cast Motif 2
    cast Motif 3
    cast Motif 4

Where I still have to click the same button 4 times, in which each time it will cast the next motif in the sequence?? I need this to save hotkey slots, and I really don't see this as cheating... if the tool is there to be used, then it should not be cheating at all...
    I know your post is old, but I did come up with a means to do exactly what you are describing.

I figure it can help others who are also looking for this functionality as well so that's why I am replying to this old post.

Here is the link, scroll down, I put a step by step of how to do it. Fair warning, it's a bit of a convoluted process, but it works fine.

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...acro-help.html

Soulwalker

Default About the Tab

Can someone help me, plz
    I need a command to reduce the range of TAB.
    The default range is too far to select a mob for a tank.

Ranger Skill is about 3-30 meters.
    so I think 30 meters is enough for a tank.
    Thx for any helping.

Journey Well ~
    Last edited by rjrspoenxu; 10-28-2013 at 03:33 AM.

Has anyone done a macro that would target and cast the spell on Focus and when is not on focus would do on you target you're targeting without a modifier? Is it even possible on this game?

I use this on WoW

Code:
    #showtooltip SpellName
    /cast [target=focus, exists] Spellname; Spellname;
    And in Rift I tried but it doesn't work ;D

Code:
    #show SpellName
    cast @focus,exists Spellname

Quote Originally Posted by kROZEN View Post
    Has anyone done a macro that would target and cast the spell on Focus and when is not on focus would do on you target you're targeting without a modifier? Is it even possible on this game?

I use this on WoW

Code:
    #showtooltip SpellName
    /cast [target=focus, exists] Spellname; Spellname;
    And in Rift I tried but it doesn't work ;D

Code:
    #show SpellName
    cast @focus,exists Spellname
    This will do it:

#show <spell>
    cast @focus <spell>

+ Reply to Thread