+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Macro] Can't Save

Soulwalker

Default [Macro] Can't Save

Howdy All..

Hope you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.. I did one macro and it saved just fine. It is the 1st on in the 1st Category.

Then I tried to go to the next macro, which I can not save.. I did give the macro a Title, also no macro is longer than 12 lines.

I selected the space below the first macro and tried next it. I entered this Macro (actually only part of what I want.)

#show King of the Hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Piercing Thrust

The SAVE button remains Grayed out.. I have tried leaving the cursor at the end of the last word of the last line, and cursor on next line down. Also I tried leaving a blank line at the end. I also logged completely out of the game and back in.

Anyone have any clues?? I'm new at macros. I did read the very minimal tutorial in the macro app.

Much Thanks, Peace.. Lynlee
    Last edited by Lynleex; 03-16-2021 at 08:07 AM. Reason: left out info

Quote Originally Posted by Lynleex View Post
    The SAVE button remains Grayed out..
    Did you give the macro a name?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Did you give the macro a name?
    Much thanks for reponse Ambrodel!

Yes I did. Was about to edit that fact and that no macro is over 12 lines.. I'm trying to enter the macros by Shas, in Warrior Tank talk.

Peace.. Lynlee
    Last edited by Lynleex; 03-16-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Post a screenshot of your macro window, might help pinpoint the problem.
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are

Soulwalker

Post a screenshot of your macro window, might help pinpoint the problem.
    Here ya go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Macro] Can't Save-macrosave.jpg  

Macro icon isn't showing KotH. My guess is you either have an extra space in that line OR you do not yet have KotH talented. You need the ability before you can get it to show. If that's the case, simply use another ability until you get it.

Edit: Logged my warrior, copied the macro you posted in the OP. Could not save without having talented KotH, but worked after putting the one point into that.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 03-16-2021 at 09:28 AM.

Soulwalker

Macro icon isn't showing KotH. My guess is you either have an extra space in that line OR you do not yet have KotH talented. You need the ability before you can get it to show. If that's the case, simply use another ability until you get it.

Edit: Logged my warrior, copied the macro you posted in the OP. Could not save without having talented KotH, but worked after putting the one point into that.
    Much MUCH Thanks Ambrodel!! Will run through my skills and remove any lines that I don't have the skill for.
    I knew I didn't have all the skills. The macro assumes you are lvl 70 OR it is there to use as you lvl.

Peace.. Be Safe!! ;)

P.S. Did run through my skills. On the macro that I DID get saved, there where 2 skills I do not have yet, Arterial Strike and Power Manipulation. On the macro (above) there were 6 skills I do not have.. I noticed the one defining the icon, King of the Hill, I do NOT
    have.. Could that be why I can't save it?? Will test it out.

Again, my Thanks for your input!! ;)

Lynlee

P.P.S. OK!! Thanks for leading me in the right direction.. I didn't have the skill that was used as the Title of the macro, so I used a skill I do have for the title.. I could save it!!

Peace.. Ta Ta!! Lynlee
    Last edited by Lynleex; 03-16-2021 at 03:25 PM.

a macro needs two things to be able to save, a title and an icon.
    the actual text in the macro box does not matter as long as it has those 2 things!
    the title is easy enough, just call your macro something relevant

the icon, starts as a ? in the box.
    you can click the box and choose an icon from a list, it does not matter which you choose.
    OR you can have the first line of your macro choose the icon by using the icon for a specific skill, this is what the #show command does, this can be very helpful as it will show the cooldown for the shown skill on the macro icon when it is in your bars.
    To be able to use the #show command for a skill, you need to have that skill learned.

if you have a macro that has a #show from a skill you haven't learned yet then just click the ? icon and choose a different icon from the list

If you have macros that have skills from higher levels but you don't want to keep redoing them, you can put a // in front of the skill you do not have and then delete the // as you level up and gain those skills
    Last edited by caduto; 03-18-2021 at 01:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread