+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Workaround for MoneyBags addon

Soulwalker

Default Workaround for MoneyBags addon

When Rift added Individual Reward Charges to the API and other stuff per the weekly patch here, they broke the MoneyBags addon.

The problem is that MoneyBags is looking for the icon for the IRC and Rift isn't supplying one. It's just returning "irc" rather than an actual filepath.

To work around the problem, simply add the bolded code to your MoneyBags_Main.lua file at line
    #831:

if k == "coin" then
    iconSrc = addon.identifier
    iconImg = "textures/platinum.png"
    elseif k == "credit" then
    iconImg = "textures/credits.png"
    elseif k == "irc" then
    iconImg = "textures/irc.png"

else
    iconSrc = "Rift"
    iconImg = v.icon
    end

The code above will reside from lines 825 to 837 (once you add the extra condition).

This "fix" simply makes the addon skip over the IRC icon and continue processing. You'll get a blank icon for IRC in the main summary window, but no other adverse effects.
    Last edited by GhstGry; 04-08-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GhstGry View Post
    When Rift added Individual Reward Charges to the API and other stuff per the weekly patch here, they broke the MoneyBags addon.

The problem is that MoneyBags is looking for the icon for the IRC and Rift isn't supplying one. It's just returning "irc" rather than an actual filepath.

To work around the problem, simply add the bolded code to your MoneyBags_Main.lua file at line
    #831:

if k == "coin" then
    iconImg = "textures/platinum.png"
    elseif k == "credit" then
    iconImg = "textures/credits.png"
    elseif k == "irc" then
    iconImg = "textures/irc.png"

else
    iconSrc = "Rift"
    iconImg = v.icon
    end

The code above will reside from lines 825 to 837 (once you add the extra condition).

This "fix" simply makes the addon skip over the IRC icon and continue processing. You'll get a blank icon for IRC in the main summary window, but no other adverse effects.
    On this topic, I released fix for it already like in few hours of patch ^^ and it also shows the icon for irc.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Soulwalker

And here I thought I was being clever. lol

Thanks for the update and the fix!

Soulwalker

On a semi-related note, do you have any recommendations for learning tools re: addons for Rift? I'm a professional programmer, but I'm new to Lua and the gaming programming arena in general. I'm finding trying to code an app in Rift is.........challenging.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread