Thread: How Rift can be made look better with the use of Reshade

Soulwalker

Default How Rift can be made look better with the use of Reshade

Link to Reshade
    how to apply
    download first
    run ReShade_Setup_3.1.0.exe
    press Select game

browse to game executable (using steam in my example)
    steam_folder\steamapps\common\RIFT\Games\RIFT\Live \rift_x64.exe
    choose Direct3D10+
    asks you if you want to download presets chooose yes
    (in my example i chose )
    Press OK
    now you can close it with X on top right corner
    Start Rift
    when Ingame press Shift + F2

Press Continue 3x until finished with tutorial.
    Put checkmarks where i have them (if you want to copy my settings)

In the reshade window on top file menu click Settings next to where it says Home, next to usage mode click the triangle and switch to performance mode.
    Once that's done press shift + F2 again to hide the reshade window
    check how it all looks with default F5 key with settings being on and off
    I don't see any fps drops with i5 and gtx 1060.
    Comparison images:
    Settings: (DPX might be excessive color flushing, so might remove the checkmark, up to you)

Off:

On

Off:

On

You can check how images are sharper and colors are more distinct.
    If you have any questions or complaints, i'll try to help.
    Last edited by Citizenfour; 01-29-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Tried reshade once. Unfortunately it put all the filters on the interface aswell and furthermore jsut froze the game for a couple secs avery couple minutes.
    You seem to have toned down your graphic setting there quite abit.

Those are croped but otherwise unedited screenshots with basic high settings and default lighting.

Vostigar
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...-21_171707.jpg
    that ember spe
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...-24_174715.jpg
    Ashenfell
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...-10_175052.jpg
    Multicoloured lightsources and hair reflection
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...-29_203513.jpg

Sure some zones have a more pleasing light than others but my experience was that zones with dull light still look kinda dull on reshade aswell. If there are no spotlight, reshade won't create them.

cheers
    Last edited by Shas; 01-29-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Soulwalker

These are my graphics settings

I don't use many options, i listed what i tend to use.
    I also found that smaa can make all text kind of blurry. using sharpen and fxaa with reshade for those jagged lines.
    It's up to the user to experiment to their liking.
    Last edited by Citizenfour; 01-29-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizenfour View Post
    These are my graphics settings
    This thread would have been more beneficial if you were showing us screenshots of your MAXED settings and then there was an improvement. What you're essentially showing is that some random external program can do the same thing as the ingame settings and providing us with a multitude of extra steps to do, instead of just.... moving the sliders.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 01-29-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    This thread would have been more beneficial if you were showing us screenshots of your MAXED settings and then there was an improvement. What you're essentially showing is that some random external program can do the same thing as the ingame settings and providing us with a multitude of extra steps to do, instead of just.... moving the sliders.

You are right, so Sure thing, i made some new screenshots and included in OP.
    The changes in my opinion are still valid, sharper images made the game look better.
    Ill add some more images here as well, since i'm limited to 10 images in OP.

OFf

On

Off

On

Off

On
    Last edited by Citizenfour; 01-29-2019 at 09:12 PM.

The ON variants remind me of older rpgs such as dungeon siege 2 with a little more griddy unfiltered textures. (comparing it to that tree close up)
    https://guides.gamepressure.com/dung.../102003906.jpg

Please keep in mind that the tickbox Fullscreen Fx is a softening superbloom and prety much the opposite of a sharpening effect. Unplayable for me with that bloom.

Texture quality pixel granulary lighting quality and shader complexity change the most when you are going for a nicer RP immersion.

The addon settings seems to suppress colourblending giving a little more white and so washing out the colour a littlebit (chlorochont ablility icons). Not sure if your graphics card default software colour settings can make up for that.

If there is a way to not effect the ui and make it more stable (getting rid of those 'hickups') ima give it another shot and get rid of some of the MASSIVE use of blue light in the post sl zones.

Unfortunately they made a couple chances throughout the past lifespan of the game such as reducing the max quality of other player's models. (Just as Dawn of War soulstorm did - reducing the max settings to previous expansion's min-medium level in an attempt to make it more stable for multiplayer lol- totally ignoring the evolution of hardware.
    ) Somtimes you can tell by the graphic that you are running 32bit by accident with the game having a lower sharpness by default but more vibrant lighting in some instances which i made use of on close up screenshots already.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-30-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Soulwalker

I'd stick with AdaptiveSharpen only. It still is an improvement, and causes no color change.

+ Reply to Thread