+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenZomie

Thread: Taming the macro beast

Exclamation Taming the macro beast

So, macros seem rubbish.
    Necessary though given the sheer number of skills we seem to be expected to use for the average build.
    But still, RIFT has been out since 2010 or something and the macro system is still this bad?

Anyway I have some questions:
    1. 10 categories and "server preset". I presume the categories are purely for my own classification so I can store, say Mage macros in one category and Rogue macros in another. What is the intended purpose of "Server Preset" though?
    2. Icon - The icon selection is varied but lacks any theme. Also, hard coded icons just don't respond so the UI feels dead, so #show seems the only real viable option.
    3. Name - Its nice to give the macros a descriptive name, but then it stupidly renders the macro name on the button, which has space for about 7 characters so it just always looks stupid.
    4. #show - seriously? I get to "show" the cooldown for exactly one skill? Are there no magic keywords at all so it can show the next skill that is not on cooldown or something?
    5. 'suppressmacrofailures': more UI fail. It seems I absolutely MUST have this, as macros stupidly always try to cast all spells, generating loads of errors. But, once I do, simple "target is out of line of sight" errors - useful errors, are also suppressed.
    6. Ability Queue: Short - I play with this setting as my latency to most EU and US mmo servers is ~250ms. Does the ability queue still work with macros as since I switched to macros it seems a lot of spell casts are failing to queue, perhaps because the queue is being stuffed with spell casts that are going to fail?

Seriously, in all the years this game has been out, did no one make (or think to implement in RIFT) an action bar replacement / macro replacement that strictly cycles through each cast, so it knows, and can display, whats going to be cast next? Or is this just not possible?

Telaran

lol , time to find a new game for you i think

goodby and have fun in another game

Quote Originally Posted by faabs View Post
    lol , time to find a new game for you i think

goodby and have fun in another game
    You do realize this game has a tiny playerbase. This kind of welcome might be why.

+ Reply to Thread