+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Event Tracker with overlay display and text to speech

Ok that fixed everything. For no extra window popup just need to use the RET_windowless python file to open the tracker.

Again thanks for all your work on this addon. I wish the other addons had authors like you, addons would work better if they did.

Shadowlander

Default Updated Executable?

Bamul, will you be updating the current version executable? I am still unable to download the .ZIP as it blocked for containing a virus.

Champion of Telara

I think I will only support the Python files in the future and not offer executables anymore. This is the most secure way to publish virus free software. You just have to install Python and then you can run the RiftEvenTracker.py file or RET_windowless.pyw file.

Shadowlander

Default No sound.

Ok, I switched to the Python files. All is working except the text-to-speech. It's set to "yes" in config.ini, my volume is up and my Text-to-Speech settings in Windows are correct. Thoughts?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jallenrix View Post
    Ok, I switched to the Python files. All is working except the text-to-speech. It's set to "yes" in config.ini, my volume is up and my Text-to-Speech settings in Windows are correct. Thoughts?
    Update 1.0.3:
    • The drivers for the sound output via text to speech should now be installed automatically.

You have to download the latest version directly because the program does not update itself.

At the first start the missing sound drivers should be installed, after that you have to restart the program once and you should have voice output. Let me know if it worked.

Soulwalker

Default Sound still not working

Great program btw..thank you for the new tool.

I reinstalled the latest version, opened, closed, then reopened. Still do not have sound.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zilphia View Post
    Great program btw..thank you for the new tool.

I reinstalled the latest version, opened, closed, then reopened. Still do not have sound.
    When you start RiftEventTracker.py do you get an error message in the second window (CMD)?

Soulwalker

Default That worked

That worked.. imagine that.

Thank you

Shadowlander

I did as you suggested and -- still no sound.

Champion of Telara

I did as you suggested and -- still no sound.
    Can you download the package again, start RiftEventTracker.py and tell me if you get an error message in the second window?

Shadowlander

Default Problem Solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Can you download the package again, start RiftEventTracker.py and tell me if you get an error message in the second window?
    I actually deleted and re-downloaded everything before I posted. I don't have a 2nd window.

ETA: I walked back through your instructions and ran the manual install from PowerShell. I received the following error. The file is not in that directory. I am an Administrator on my PC.

ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'c:\\program files (x86)\\python38-32\\Lib\\site-packages\\pythoncom.py'
    Consider using the `--user` option or check the permissions.

Problem solved. Nothing to see here. Thanks for this App, love it!
    Last edited by Jallenrix; 04-29-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Champion of Telara

Problem solved. Nothing to see here. Thanks for this App, love it!
    Can you describe how you solved the problem, maybe this will help me to improve my program.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Can you describe how you solved the problem, maybe this will help me to improve my program.
    I logged into Windows 10 with the native Administrator user-ID and manually installed pywin32.

Champion of Telara

Thanks for the feedback. I think I have found a solution that it will work automatically without manual installation in cases like yours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9