+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help

Soulwalker

Default Need help

So I am kinda new to the whole addon thing. I have my curseforge account and when i want to install an addon a screen pops up with...how do you want to open this file and all it says is to look in app store. So I am running windows 10 and it does have a drop down menu that says adobe, internet, notepad, paint vlc media player, and windows media player.

what am I doing wrong here?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMyke View Post
    So I am kinda new to the whole addon thing. I have my curseforge account and when i want to install an addon a screen pops up with...how do you want to open this file and all it says is to look in app store. So I am running windows 10 and it does have a drop down menu that says adobe, internet, notepad, paint vlc media player, and windows media player.

what am I doing wrong here?
    Open with Winrar, winzip, 7zip, any one of the three, then copy and paste the folder from there into the addon directory.

Soulwalker

can i use winzip universal?

Plane Touched

You can. They both do the same thing, however, winrar is free.

Soulwalker

so win zip universal is what is free to me as well as 8 zip lite. none of the others came up when i typed them into the play store

Plane Touched

You can google them, and they would show up. Heres the link to winrar. You don't have to use the play store.

+ Reply to Thread