+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By deathbeams
  • 2 Post By Hepatits

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Item preview scripting

Soulwalker

Default Item preview scripting

Hi, I have a scripting feature request, wherever those fall on the list of priorities. I realize we're probably at the mercy of Zorba, and Zorba tends to get sucked into other tasks.
    "Hey Zorba, you know that game client? Can you make it multi-threaded?"
    "Hey Zorba, you know that game client you helped make multi-threaded? Can you make it 64-bit?"
    "Hey Zorba, you know that game client that's DX9? Wait, why are you running away? You haven't heard the question yet!"
    At any rate, if anyone gets permission to spend some time on the scripting system, it would be nice to have a script command to display a character preview.
    • preview.blank() // clear everything, results in plain character model
    • preview.clear() // clear any previewed pieces, results in character's current gear
    • preview.wardrobe(set) // loads the specified wardrobe set by slot number
    • preview.add(item0,item1,...) // adds a piece/pieces to the preview, overwrites if another item is already previewed in the same slot; use ItemKey or AddonType?
    • preview.remove(slot0,slot1,...) // removes a piece/pieces from the preview based on slot
    • preview.angle(degrees) // sets the angle of the model in the preview
    • preview.zoom(percent) // sets the zoom of the model in the preview

The controls could be made a lot more granular but I realize time is money. These would basically be script access to existing functionality and can be combined to accomplish just about anything else that's needed with a preview window. Thank you for your time.

General of Telara

Zorba is not even working on Rift anymore, but on Atlas Reactor (at least back in January he was). The addon API seems pretty much in maintenance mode, no major additions since two expansions, only a few things that came as by-product of other things or seemed necessary to keep addons useful.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Soulwalker

Oh, didn't know about that. Bummer. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    Zorba is not even working on Rift anymore, but on Atlas Reactor (at least back in January he was). The addon API seems pretty much in maintenance mode, no major additions since two expansions, only a few things that came as by-product of other things or seemed necessary to keep addons useful.
    Think Zorba left Trion last January thou. Addon system was great addition to game but it's sad to see it's not getting much love anymore.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Soulwalker

Crud, just saw that his last post was in 3/2016 and his last activity was in 4/2016. Is there anyone at Rift working on a) addon api or b) UI improvements and extensions? If it's a situation of "we're not working on enhancing the UI or the api" then I'll be very sad. I think the only thing that could make it better would be a dramatic pause then "...yet."

Tacitus sends you a gift (He did some wardrobe set name cleaning):

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...iff-sept27.txt
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    Tacitus sends you a gift (He did some wardrobe set name cleaning):

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...iff-sept27.txt
    And there will likely be a bit more revision next week. Boase tipped me off to some more bits that could use some name clean up and additions to the store.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Soulwalker

Just now saw this. Will update and repost.

Update 9/27/2017: Ok, this will take a little more work. Looks like it's using PostId or TemplateId but not sure. Anyone have a suggestion for a text editor that'll handle a 120 MB file? It'd save me from refactoring code, but I was considering doing major refactoring to move the export to json anyway.
    Last edited by deathbeams; 09-27-2017 at 07:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread