+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (ADDON) Indiana's Artifact Catalogue

Soulwalker

Default (ADDON) Indiana's Artifact Catalogue

Quotes from the Curse site for this add on.

"The bad news is that it looks like Trion has changed all the artifact IDs, which means your existing data collection information is useless. Unfortunately, I will not be able to confirm this until they release the updated Discovery file."

Posted Jul 31, 2017
    "So does that mean we will have to re-add all artifacts? Or will there be a way to import the new ID's to Indy? Anything at all?? I'm looking at years of collections on 5 toons to re-do. Say it isn't so!"

Posted Jul 31, 2017
    "Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you'll need to re-add everything. "

Soooo..... Is there really no way for to update or add 'discovery' files or ID's (I don't really understand how those work) and synchronize the game with the add on?

Soulwalker

If you can get a "before" discovery file and an "after" discovery file, then use a dirty match like the <English> artifact name (dirty because it's not an exact ID match, you're just hoping the "before" and "after" happen to be the same with no duplicates) and try to map the old to the new. That is, if updating the database is the only issue.

I'm unfamiliar with the Artifact frame. If the add-on can tell which ones you've already acquired, then just updating the database may not be too hard. If the add-on only knows what you have if a) it was running when you added it or b) you manually told the add-on that you have a particular artifact, then an add-on could have a button added that would take your old data and map it to the new data, then you should be good to go. A nuisance for sure for the dev, but doable.

But then... LUA. So maybe it is impossible without much suffering.

This mod was outstanding.. I loved it.. I wish it would come around and be active again haha.
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    This mod was outstanding.. I loved it.. I wish it would come around and be active again haha.
    What do you mean "be active again"? This mod is still updated; in fact it was recently updated on July 30th right after Trion released the most recent discovery file.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lost4Cause View Post
    What do you mean "be active again"? This mod is still updated; in fact it was recently updated on July 30th right after Trion released the most recent discovery file.
    It's not recognizing artifacts anymore. Anything that you've added (and would turn green) is all back to red now. On all toons.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
    It's not recognizing artifacts anymore. Anything that you've added (and would turn green) is all back to red now. On all toons.
    Works fine for me on 4 toons. The addon creator did an update after artifacts got a change to their id's so that's not exactly the addon's fault. But the way the change was made meant that there was no easy way to fix it so that Indy's remembered all of your artifacts. Have you tried posting on the addon Curse page?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lost4Cause View Post
    Works fine for me on 4 toons. The addon creator did an update after artifacts got a change to their id's so that's not exactly the addon's fault. But the way the change was made meant that there was no easy way to fix it so that Indy's remembered all of your artifacts. Have you tried posting on the addon Curse page?
    By 'works fine', do you mean that all of the artifacts that you've collected are shown as collected? You didn't have to 're-add' any artifacts? If I might ask, how many sets had you collected on your number 1 toon? I knew it wasn't the add on's fault. And I downloaded the July 30th update.

I did ask about it on the Curse page and the creator posted on July 31st that the bad news was that we would have to re-add everything. Am sooo curious about how you might have been able to avoid that. Anything you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread