+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Wardrobe Appearances - List Completed

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Wardrobe Appearances - List Completed

https://ufile.io/hjbu2

Here's a list of wardrobe appearances for all wardrobe items in Discoveries 2017-6-27.
    Tab-delimited text file, \r\n (CrLf) line endings. 119,671 items, 18 MB.

Contains
    -AddonType
    -ItemKey
    -Name (English version)
    -Slot
    -Type (assume Costume if blank)
    -Appearance

I'm hoping someone from the AddOn community can make an addon that will help completionists figure out things like, "Have I collected all appearances available in this zone/dungeon/raid/pvp/etc...? If not, what am I missing and how do I get it? Drop, chest, vendor, quest...?" because I hate lua, but the community needs this, so if no one else does it, I might make it. If you are interested in making it, please let me know so I don't dive down that rabbit hole. I hate lua.

Trion, Rift, Devs, you are making a great game. Making this list wasn't a small undertaking. I had to learn C#, tesseract-ocr, marshaling and bit locking memory for custom raster manipulation, multi-threading, keyboard emulation, and refine a repeatable workflow. Run-time alone was 60+ hours and the learning/coding was way more than that. Take this effort as a testament to how much your work and energy are appreciated by your players.

Other:
    -I think Warlord's Pads in the wardrobe frame has a double space in it.
    -If you find any discrepancies in the file, please let me know.
    -There are some items that have no appearance listed in-game (~15); they were removed from the list.
    -Items are sometimes updated, so things do change, e.g. a "Tomb" was changed to "Tome" between 2-14 and 6-27.
    -Couldn't find a way through the addon api to get the text of the appearances listed in the wardrobe frame, but it seems to be embedded in the client or an asset. Any chance a dev could regex that stuff out and give us a list? Just comes in handy for verifying consistency and such.

Enjoy.

If you wish to donate plat or Rex to support this effort, please send it to Emilynicole@Deepwood.
    If you're sponsoring Magelo memberships, please hook up Deathbeams.

How did you do this?!

I'll turn the list in to a web site if you don't mind

Here is the same file, but compressed:
    ZIP (6.5 MB)
    XZ (2.7 MB)
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 07-05-2017 at 04:29 AM.

hrmm. i want to look at this but am afraid to d/l stuff. The first post simply (for me) shows a link to d/l an office suite with a file? I am unsure what i am suppose to do. I don't want to be d/l some office suite.

The next post shows a HUGE TEXT file which is garbled for me.

Is this supposed to open up like a spreadsheet on the internet or what is suppose to happen. Sorry not computer savvy like most people !
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    How did you do this?!

I'll turn the list in to a web site if you don't mind
    Go for it. The in-game tooltip is based on AddonType, Magelo's tooltips (and database) are based on ItemKey. I included both so this data can be merged.

How? Excessive use of the /script Command.Tooltip("<AddonType>") command, ocr, and regex. There were many optimizations along the way. Eventually, I could do 1 record every 2 seconds, and that's basically capped by the game client so that's as good as that'll get. The initial run was over 60 hours (yay my gpu/cpu didn't melt! had settings turned down but was still worried) then about 15 hours of double-checking/fixing the output. Then a new Rift Discoveries was released and the incremental update only took about 30 minutes (aside from troubleshooting.) Now I've got the workflow ironed out pretty well.

I wasn't sure whether to zip it first or not. I know there's a general distrust of downloading zip files so I went with the full txt. I'll post a zip next time.
    Last edited by deathbeams; 07-05-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    hrmm. i want to look at this but am afraid to d/l stuff. The first post simply (for me) shows a link to d/l an office suite with a file? I am unsure what i am suppose to do. I don't want to be d/l some office suite.
    The link in the first post shouldn't have an issue other than being a large (18 MB) text file. I haven't tried the other two links, but I think they're just compressed versions on other file-upload sites. Those sites probably have a bunch of ads. Opening any compressed file in a text viewer will make it look garbled. Uncompress it first, then open the newly created uncompressed file. Windows usually makes this pretty seamless with normal Zip files, but XZ and 7z files will need separate programs.

The compressed files I uploaded are on rift.events which is one of my personal servers and has no ads

Also, if you wait a day or two, I'll have a web site up where you can look up appearances.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 07-05-2017 at 06:46 AM.

The compressed files I uploaded are on rift.events which is one of my personal servers and has no ads

Also, if you wait a day or two, I'll have a web site up where you can look up appearances.
    thanks. yes i will wait a day or so for it.. I did unzip your file and i was unable to read it - it was a massive text wall of text thing lol. But thank you guys for doing this, both of u.. Good stuff.
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Using commands to generate the tooltips is smart. I wish I had thought of it

Here's a site: https://rift.events/appearances/
    Please test and let me know what you think. I'll announce it wider soon

Soulwalker

Looks good.
    Last edited by deathbeams; 07-06-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Soulwalker

Very nice job. Looking forward to cleaning up missing wardrobe pieces now.

Two thumbs up! Thanks for this!
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Soulwalker

@forbiddenlake, are you comfortable working with JSON? Might add some more data, but it'd require more structure than just tabs. Either tabs between columns, and commas between values within a column, or full on JSON.

And on a scale of 1 to unicorn giggles, how happy do intersection tables make you?

JSON is fine. I'd just rewrite my parser, not too hard.

Soulwalker

New dataset, same format. This one is for the 7-18 discoveries. Went ahead and put it in a zip file this time.

https://ufile.io/pjrae

If you do a search for "none" you'll find 13 items that had no wardrobe appearance listed. Looks like Waykeeper's Axe is the artwork addition this time with 31 items added.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by deathbeams; 07-20-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Rift Disciple

This is awesome!

Now I know what to look for to complete some sets I have been wanting to use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast