+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Macro with legendary ability

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    15

    Question Macro with legendary ability

    This macro worked fine for me for months on my Ranger

    #show Divert Rage
    cast @pet Divert Rage

    Allowed me to target pet with just that one spell while I still attacked the target.
    Day or two ago I noticed that the icon for this macro is now always blacked out unless I manually target my pet and in fights that can be difficult especially when I am pulling multiples at a time. I can not remember it this stopped working when I used my last legendary point for Divert Rage.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Quenya@Hailol

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Yuck a ranger user (i hate it)

    I don't recall how the ability is broken, but you can do
    target @pet
    cast Divert Rage
    targetlasttarget
    to quickly target your pet, cast the ability and then re-target your last target within a macro if that helped you to get the ability working.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    If we see it as an egregious and obvious mistake, maybe there should be more communication to tell us that it is not?
    Alleja Illvana Mjolln Imalla Ketllina <Servants of None> @zaviel

  3. #3
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Additionally, you should be able to set your pet as a focus target and cast @focus Divert Rage. Though if your pet dies, you will have to set your focus again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alleja zaviel View Post
    Yuck a ranger user (i hate it)

    I don't recall how the ability is broken, but you can do
    It's not broke it just greys out when you target an enemy player, the same way damaging attacks grey out when you target a friendly player.

    Issue is when it greys out you can't track the cooldown. Same with things like Shadow Lash legendary (if you take it for Phys, which I do in pvp), its slightly annoying but nothing a kalert can't fix
    Nixia@Greybriar


  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    It's not broke it just greys out when you target an enemy player ...
    shows how much i play ranger and how i trust trion to fix things
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    If we see it as an egregious and obvious mistake, maybe there should be more communication to tell us that it is not?
    Alleja Illvana Mjolln Imalla Ketllina <Servants of None> @zaviel

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alleja zaviel View Post
    shows how much i play ranger and how i trust trion to fix things
    Yeah our Class Dev is really good at fixing stuff
    Nixia@Greybriar


+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts