+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: [Addon] Rat hunter

Rift Disciple

Default [Addon] Rat hunter

Simple addon to track rats in tok. Displays both you and the rat you have targeted on an image of a map (thanks Lynx3d). Main intention was to provide a rat tracker for people who dont want to get their hands dirty with editing other addons, or simply preffer not running a huge map replacement addon just for rat hunting.

It is shown/hidden by a movable button on your screen. Right click toggles button movement lock, left click toggles the map itself when the button's movement is locked.

With version 1.1.0, munch maze tracking has been added. You can reset the pellets by clicking the "R" button on bottom left of munch screen. It is accessed by tabs on top of rat hunter's main window.

Commands:
    /rathunter scale - scales the main window. Allowed scale is between 0.2 and 2 (default is 1)
    /rathunter munch - resets the munch maze pellets

Feedback/bug reports are appreciated!

Download link: le link
    Unzip it and drop it into rifts addons folder, accessed via esc>addons>open addon directory
    Last edited by Alleja zaviel; 02-12-2017 at 05:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    If we see it as an egregious and obvious mistake, maybe there should be more communication to tell us that it is not?
    Alleja Imalla Illvana Mjolln Ketllina <Servants of None> @zaviel

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Alleja zaviel View Post
    Simple addon to track rats in tok. Displays both you and the rat you have targeted on an image of a map (thanks Lynx3d). Main intention was to provide a rat tracker for people who dont want to get their hands dirty with editing other addons, or simply preffer not running a huge map replacement addon just for rat hunting.

It is shown/hidden by a movable button on your screen. Right click toggles button movement lock, left click toggles the map itself when the button's movement is locked.

Feedback/bug reports are appreciated!

Download link: le link
    So what do we do with the file once we unzip it? Some info for us un-technicals is appreciated, smile.
    UpdateL Fingured it out, just copied folder into addon folder of Rift, ty ty ty NICE WORK, smile.
    Last edited by Rahlshara; 02-05-2017 at 07:54 AM.

General of Telara

I guess that's as minimalistic as it gets

There's two issue though.
    One seems to be a copy&paste error in Event.Addon.SavedVariables.Save.Begin, it says if idef == "GuildEvents" then which obviously should be if idef == "RatHunter" then like in Load.End.

The other one, if you accidently try to move the button when it's locked, it gets stuck in moving mode because Event.UI.Input.Mouse.Left.Up is only triggered when the mouse button is let go inside the frame, there's a separate Event.UI.Input.Mouse.Left.Upoutside event.

My preferred solution is to only attach the Input.Mouse.Cursor.Move handler when you're actually in draggin mode and detach when done. Why waste CPU time every time the mouse cursor moves when you're not going to react anyway.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    I guess that's as minimalistic as it gets

There's two issue though.
    One seems to be a copy&paste error in Event.Addon.SavedVariables.Save.Begin, it says if idef == "GuildEvents" then which obviously should be if idef == "RatHunter" then like in Load.End.

The other one, if you accidently try to move the button when it's locked, it gets stuck in moving mode because Event.UI.Input.Mouse.Left.Up is only triggered when the mouse button is let go inside the frame, there's a separate Event.UI.Input.Mouse.Left.Upoutside event.

My preferred solution is to only attach the Input.Mouse.Cursor.Move handler when you're actually in draggin mode and detach when done. Why waste CPU time every time the mouse cursor moves when you're not going to react anyway.
    Caught the idef myself just now, error of copy and paste. Didnt get the error myself since i have an addon with idef GuildEvents that i have been secretly experimenting with and am unsure if i will finish ever.

I will redo the mouse move event as you said, thanks.

For now, i updated a fixed version so you don't get the error.
    Guess i really should test it out as a standalone

Edit: redid the mouse movement as well, thanks for the help. It is now version 1.0.1
    It's my first public addon and version change, don't tell anyone
    Last edited by Alleja zaviel; 02-06-2017 at 08:22 AM.
    Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    If we see it as an egregious and obvious mistake, maybe there should be more communication to tell us that it is not?

this map is the most awesome thing EVA and we all love you long time for creating it... i mean really.. its super super super amazing! been farming rats with ease all damn day and still not sick of it and thank you thank you thank you sooooooo much!

i was wondering, could this mapping tech be used in such a way to help me out with the munch maze? maybe a map with munch maze overlay and the char leaves some sort of trail as you move that can be reset with each failed attempt (sooo many failed attempts) this would help enormously with figuring out which pellets i have picked up!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    i was wondering, could this mapping tech be used in such a way to help me out with the munch maze? maybe a map with munch maze overlay and the char leaves some sort of trail as you move that can be reset with each failed attempt (sooo many failed attempts) this would help enormously with figuring out which pellets i have picked up!
    It indeed can be used for that, and i had experimented with that a bit, but wasnt sure whether anyone would actually use that. I'll try and add the munch stuff in.

Rift Disciple

Updated to version 1.1.0, added munch maze tracking. More info in the main post above.

Shadowlander

Very nice work! This helps a lot!

Can you make it such that the position of both the icon aswell as the map stay after a restart of the game?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zayu View Post
    Very nice work! This helps a lot!

Can you make it such that the position of both the icon aswell as the map stay after a restart of the game?
    It should already stay in place where it was moved. Unless you crashed out of the game, or you have sth messed up with write permisions in your addons directory.

Either way, if mine isnt saving, none of the other addons will either.
    Last edited by Alleja zaviel; 02-11-2017 at 04:39 PM.

wowsa, a very quick response and an awesome update to this very useful addon!

im having trouble getting it to reset, clicking on the R doesnt work, ive tried moving it around and closing and reopening.. any hints please?

Rift Disciple

wowsa, a very quick response and an awesome update to this very useful addon!

im having trouble getting it to reset, clicking on the R doesnt work, ive tried moving it around and closing and reopening.. any hints please?
    Mine was reseting just fine... What's your ui scale and the scale you run the addon on? Have you tried clicking around the R? Might be a simple case of the clickbox being where it shouldn't be. Try running the addon on 0.65 scale and see if the issue persists.

For now the ugly reset is to do reload ui. I will add in a command if i can't pinpoint the issue, but currently i am in bed and don't feel like getting out

my global UI scale is 95
    my resolution is 1920x1080
    i play in fullscreen windowed
    the addon scale is whatever the default is as i dont know how to change that!

ive tried click all over the map the see if the R button isnt where it says it with no luck

my boyfriend has it installed on his machine too and has the same problem

HOWEVER - after just 5 attempts using the map, i finally managed to complete the maze solo. using /reloadui to reset each time. so thank you muchly!

also... the maze at the top of the pyramid puzzle with all the lever and stuffs... could also do with a pretty map

Rift Disciple

my global UI scale is 95
    my resolution is 1920x1080
    i play in fullscreen windowed
    the addon scale is whatever the default is as i dont know how to change that!

ive tried click all over the map the see if the R button isnt where it says it with no luck
    Found the problem, and it should now be fixed with v1.1.2
    It was one of those "might happen, might not" kinda errors, thus i haven't caught it, and you were unlucky enough to get it all the time

You can also use "/rathunter munch" to reset the pellets as well, if you prefer to have it on your bars as a macro.

Download the updated version from the original post.
    Last edited by Alleja zaviel; 02-12-2017 at 05:18 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Rat Hunter

Just discovered the news about this Addon and can't seem to find it to download. can someone provide the link so I can add it to my game. Thanks. looks like it will make hunting rats much faster than spaming a macro for Rats

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast