+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Glymrok

Thread: Weird macro bug (?)

Rift Disciple

Default Weird macro bug (?)

Don't know if anyone can help because this is too bizarre.

I have a macro set up for role #1 (Sab / MM) ...

#show Detonate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Detonate
    cast Satchel Charge

It works fine. Fire off the 3 bombs, press the hotkey once, and Boom goes the dynamite.

I have another Sab in role #2 (Sab / NB) and I have the IDENTICAL macro. After firing off the bombs, I have to hit the hotkey TWICE to detonate. Every time. Never triggers Detonate on the first press. Never does anything on the first press.

I've copy-and-pasted the macro from 1 to 2; I've deleted it in 2 and recreated from scratch. No luck. I have NO idea why it's acting like this. I don't want to mess around with it in role 1.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

So the big difference between them are your offsouls. One is using MM which gives you ranged auto attacks and the other is NB which is melee only.

Sab has it's own "weapon" animations much like Bard. Because of this, you'll sometimes have some funky *** macro lag issues depending on what offsouls you have. You'll notice it a lot with Bard as well.

If you enlarge your "Error and Quest Messages" UI element, you might actually be receiving an error notification: "Invalid Equipped Weapon" and that would give you a delay in firing off your macro. That's the issue I had in Bard (with melee subsouls) with a macro (and without.)

Bard w/ MM gave me no issues whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSdE8lVXJsg

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    So the big difference between them are your offsouls. One is using MM which gives you ranged auto attacks and the other is NB which is melee only.

Sab has it's own "weapon" animations much like Bard. Because of this, you'll sometimes have some funky *** macro lag issues depending on what offsouls you have. You'll notice it a lot with Bard as well.

If you enlarge your "Error and Quest Messages" UI element, you might actually be receiving an error notification: "Invalid Equipped Weapon" and that would give you a delay in firing off your macro. That's the issue I had in Bard (with melee subsouls) with a macro (and without.)

Bard w/ MM gave me no issues whatsoever.
    Yup. I removed "suppressmacrofailures" and I got the "Invalid Equipped weapon" error.

I guess I can report it as a bug, but I doubt anything will come of it.

+ Reply to Thread