+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [ADDON PVP] nkWar

Champion

Default [ADDON PVP] nkWar

Hi

Finally I found some time to start on an addon which I had in mind for quite some time. Today I'd like to introduce nkWar.

nkWar is useful for the PvP crowd out there. I originally build it cause I was fed up with randoms not going after the enemy healers. From that idea I started to build on the functionality. So what does nkWar do?
    • Constantly monitor enemy healing
    • Build up to 4 unit frames for the top 4 enemy healers
    • Each unit frame shows name, calling (by color), health bar and percentage that healer has healed out of the total enemy healing
    • Left click a unit frame will target that healer
    • Right click will mark that healer
    • An icon which will announce the top 4 healers into your warfronts chat
    • Track all players who killed you an how often
    • Track all players you killed and how often
    • Build up to 4 unit frames for the top 4 players who killed you more than you did kill them
    • A window which will marking players much simpler

== Enemy Healer UnitFrames ==

nkWar will constantly monitor the combat log and calculate which players are the best healers on enemy side. It will then create 4 unit frames so that you can easily identify and target them. The unit frame will show the percentage a unit has done out of the total enemy healing. This way you can figure out which healer to target if one is healing much more than the others.

The addon will only go for effective heal. Any overhealing is ignored. This should help to identify the effective healers.

Please note that the unit frame can only update fully out of combat. During combat it will show the current health of the identified healers. However especially at start of a warfront the top 4 healers might change quite fast. The addon will update the new order once you're out of combat or dead.

* By left clicking a unit frame you can target that player
    * By right clicking a unit frame you can mark that player

Click on the icon in the header of the addon frame to report the top 4 enemy healers to the warfront channel.

== Nemesis Unit Frames ==

Another thing the addon does is tracking who killed you and who you kill. It will generate a window with up to 4 unit frames showing enemy players who have killed you more often tan you. This information is tracked and stored between warfronts and logouts.

If you run the addon for a couple of days and warfronts you will recognize players which have killed you a couple of times. So go ahead and revenge yourself!

== Easy marking ==

Upon entering a warfront a window will be displayed which shows all the possible marks for players (enemy and own side). SImply target a player and click on the desired icon and the player will be marked accordingly.

It has never been easier to mark a player.

== nkCartographer integration ==

If you have my other addon nkCartographer installed the addon will show the enemy players on the map. It will show the enemy players using different symbols for DPS and identified healers. So you'll know where your main targets are.

== Configuration window ==

By entering the command /nkWar a configuration window will be displayed. In there you can activate / deactivate modules, make the moveable and for each window you can select to now display its header.

If you have nkPanel installed a plugin will be automatically created. You can access the configuration through the nkPanel plugin as well.

== Download ==

You can download the latest version of nkWar at curse: Download link

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 09-24-2016 at 06:59 AM.

Lol whoa whoa whoa

If you have my other addon nkCartographer installed the addon will show the enemy players on the map. It will show the enemy players using different symbols for DPS and identified healers. So you'll know where your main targets are.
    Is there a delay to how this is shown on your addon's minimap or is it actually in real time? If so you pretty much just saved people a bunch of favor on Recon Vials which would have been amazing a long time ago :P

I took one for the team and queued up for a warfront. It looks to be tracking in real time and you can mouse over the healers to see their names on the map. The healer box above the map is nice aswell.

Havent tested performance hit since I havent used this map addon for a few months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h9_...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Boase; 09-12-2016 at 07:14 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Is there a delay to how this is shown on your addon's minimap or is it actually in real time?
    It's in real time and yeah it's evil

I'm working on synching the data between players. The combat log has a range so sometimes you don't get the data from far away enemies. With enough players using the addon that should be solvable.

I'm already monitoring the damage / healing done by own side. One idea I had didn't work out so far but I should be able to use that data to identify AFK players quite easily. So a box showing afk players is top priority.

Cheers
    N.

Shadowlander

Default I love this tool

I love this tool

thx naifu

Hats off to you Naifu, nicely done !

Though I can imagine the ability to plot players locations on the map will soon be removed.

Especially as others have mentioned, this bypasses the need for recon vials.

Quote Originally Posted by Naifu View Post
    One idea I had didn't work out so far but I should be able to use that data to identify AFK players quite easily. So a box showing afk players is top priority.
    I have a much simpler system for the most frequently AFK / non-contributing PvP player on the EU shards. I have a targeting macro with that player's name in it that marks him with the sad face raid icon and then asks in warfront chat to report the sad face as AFK. I made this as I was sick of that player being in our graveyard, contributing nothing to our team and calling us "sick babies". It worked wonders a couple of days ago, and the whining non-contributor was soon seen in 65 chat insulting people because he had a warfront deserter debuff.

By the way, this is not naming and shaming. I haven't mentioned the player's name but anyone that does PvP on EU knows exactly who the sad face is and why we want rid of them.

Champion

have a much simpler system for the most frequently AFK / non-contributing PvP player on the EU shards.
    Nice idea with the macro

I better watch out cause further developing the addon can only be done in the WF. It's actually quite a bit of stress to try to contribute to the team while at the same time getting rid of bugs in the source code on the second screen

Sad face incoming

Though I can imagine the ability to plot players locations on the map will soon be removed.
    Yeah it eliminates the need for the vials. Now the question is if Trion's priority is better PvP or selling stuff in the store ;-)

They haven't changed a single line in the API for more than two years. And the API is really bad. I mean really really really really ****ty. If they'd change it to make sure they sell more stuff and to prevent an innovate addon ... Silly move :P

PvP in Rift has much bigger problems than selling vials in the store or not. My addon is aiming at making a difference and to improve PvP.

I don't want to cheat with the addon. I want to improve PvP by giving tools which help especially random groups to make better decisions. I try to give the random groups some sort of equal length swords vs pre-mades.

Against stupid players it will not make a single difference if you use the addon or not. But against a well organized group it can help to see who's were and doing what.

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 09-13-2016 at 03:21 AM.

This is more for the nkCartography addon but would it be possible to update the player icon on the map to face the direction the camera is and not the direction the player is once they move?

If I hold down right mouse button the player icon moves with the camera on default map but on the addon it will stay in one position until my character actually moves.

Not sure if limitations.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    would it be possible to update the player icon on the map to face the direction the camera is and not the direction the player is once they move?
    Unfortunately the API does not offer any functionality to make this work

Cheers
    N

Plane Walker

The map addon is pretty op

About vials, many people still don't know what these are!
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Strikey View Post
    The map addon is pretty op

About vials, many people still don't know what these are!
    That's completely understandable because of their location in the store. A lot of newer people probably aren't aware of how many PVP consumables we used to have that you could get w/ your favor. The game doesn't really do a good job explaining and/or showing you what's available.

A PVP tab would be nice... :\

Plane Walker

Any way to make map understand objectives in bgs? Like atm its just (?)
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Strikey View Post
    Any way to make map understand objectives in bgs? Like atm its just (?)
    If there's a ? sign I can support that. The "problem" with the RIFT api is ... well it sucks. I have to do text recognition to understand what I can show on the map and what's what. These texts are language dependent. Oh well ... I play with the German client and switching to English means that all my macros will no longer work so I can do this properly for PvP.

You could help me a ton if you'd install my addon nkDebug2. With nkDebug active all unrecognized elements will be logged. Simply run a warfront where there are ? and then open nkDebug (/nkDebug) and go to the log tab. Look for entries 'Unindentified map entry'. Click on these entries and do a screenshot so that I get the info shown in the details area.

Cheers
    N.

Champion

Ohhhh and massive update with version 1.1.0 see initial post.

Cheers
    N.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast