• 1 Post By phayse
  • 1 Post By Boase
  • 1 Post By Onebutton
  • 1 Post By Mallgar
  • 1 Post By Zojah

Thread: Too Much Information ... ingame, kalerts, KBM

Rift Disciple

Default Too Much Information ... ingame, kalerts, KBM

I set up my kalerts for the iGP Guurloth fight for Jump, Do Nothing, Run, etc. I also have KBM and of course, I have whatever Rift itself is telling me about the fight. When the encounter started, there was all sorts of information ... much of which was redundant. There was a series of bars in the upper middle of the screen with timers for the bosses abilities. That set of bars partially obscured the in-game notification that showed what Gurrloth was saying ... and of course, my Kalerts were popping. I don't think I need those timers to do the fight, but I'm concerned that if I disable KBM that I'll miss other info. What is the ideal setup using these addons? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phayse View Post
    I set up my kalerts for the iGP Guurloth fight for Jump, Do Nothing, Run, etc. I also have KBM and of course, I have whatever Rift itself is telling me about the fight. When the encounter started, there was all sorts of information ... much of which was redundant. There was a series of bars in the upper middle of the screen with timers for the bosses abilities. That set of bars partially obscured the in-game notification that showed what Gurrloth was saying ... and of course, my Kalerts were popping. I don't think I need those timers to do the fight, but I'm concerned that if I disable KBM that I'll miss other info. What is the ideal setup using these addons? Thanks
    You could just use K-Alert and disable KBM all together. However, you can disable everything that you dont wan't to see with KBM if you just play around with settings to your liking. I would recommend just to use kalert because it can provide much more advance configuration where else KBM only tells you fight mechanics without any effort but highly irreverent in most of the raids.
    NightmareTide :: Cleared!

Worldadidas@Gelidra

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by WorldAdidas View Post
    You could just use K-Alert and disable KBM all together. However, you can disable everything that you dont wan't to see with KBM if you just play around with settings to your liking. I would recommend just to use kalert because it can provide much more advance configuration where else KBM only tells you fight mechanics without any effort but highly irreverent in most of the raids.
    Is there a 'sandbox' feature to KBM that allows previews?

If you just enabled KBM it has pretty much all the features enabled which most don't use. It has your cast bar, target cast bar, BOSS cast bar etc etc.

You can also customize each fight to show screen flashing messages or not.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

what Boase said and to add you can move and position the bars around your screen as well. It doesn't take too long to work with KBM and get it setup ideally for you so you can see the timer mechanics easily and know when to Jump, Stop casting, Run, and Turn Away, or on HM /point and /dance. (I don't remember though if dance/point is part of KBM. I think it isn't, but memory lapse!

I personally don't use both at the same time. My preference has always been KBM, but mostly because i like how it works. Once you get used to the fight in IGP you can actually see all the call outs in YELLOW text on your screen (scrolling) or wherever you decide to put messages.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Telaran

My suggestion to you:

Karuul Alert: the boss mechanics you want to see = write a kalert

KBM: deactivate everything except of battle rezz config

Riftmeter: best thing ever (delete simple/super meter)

Gadgets: use the healframe from this addon and not the ingame ones.

With these 4 addons and those settings you have everything you need.
    Even KBM isn't rly needed, so if you deactivate it, your fps should be also better ;)
    If you are good, everything will be clear on your screen and not everything everywhere.
    Mallgar@typhiria & Malllgar@typhiria (2 Primalists)
    Guild: IMPERA - Deutsche Raidgilde
    Fragen zum Primalisten? Schreibt mich ingame an :-)

As others have suggested, KAlert is the way forward.

The only modules that I rarely have activated from within KBM these days are the Ready Check & HP Monitoring (King and Prince).

Everything else is either, not needed or is done better in a separate Add-On.

+ Reply to Thread