+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Use item not following macro order

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    495

    Default Use item not following macro order

    An use item macro is always used first even if it's last in the macro list.

    Also is there a way to prevent those 'item not ready' warning when you put an item in a macro?

  2. #2
    Ascendant DarkDaemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wowo View Post
    An use item macro is always used first even if it's last in the macro list.

    Also is there a way to prevent those 'item not ready' warning when you put an item in a macro?
    They're always oGCD and have priority over even oGCD abilities in macros. There is no way around this.

  3. #3
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    There's no actual way to disable "Item Not Ready" warnings other than shuffling around your chat tabs so you just don't ~see~ it.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    They're always oGCD and have priority over even oGCD abilities in macros. There is no way around this.
    Can any dev please fix this?
    Clearly for many cases it's desirable for items to follow the macro order.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wowo View Post
    Can any dev please fix this?
    Clearly for many cases it's desirable for items to follow the macro order.
    What is there to be fixed? There's nothing broken. On use items are best set as ogcd. If you want to customize the order, put it on a separate button.

    Also, they are following the macro order. Macros will always use the first ability it can. So if you have an ability that's ogcd, you either need to put the ability at the end and wait for the gcd to end or put the ability on a separate button.
    Last edited by Artewig; 07-17-2016 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    What is there to be fixed? There's nothing broken. On use items are best set as ogcd. If you want to customize the order, put it on a separate button.

    Also, they are following the macro order. Macros will always use the first ability it can. So if you have an ability that's ogcd, you either need to put the ability at the end and wait for the gcd to end or put the ability on a separate button.
    If i have a macro
    cast somegcdability
    cast someogcdability
    use item1
    and i press it 3 times (assuming all of them are available initially), it will first use item1, then somegcdability, then someogcdability.
    How is that working as intended? The first thing on the list that is available is somegcdability, not that item which is last on the list.
    Last edited by Wowo; 07-17-2016 at 11:16 PM.

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    714

    Default

    The difference between ogcd and gcd needs to be understood. Everything here works as designed.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    495

    Default

    nvm, thread can be closed.
    Last edited by Wowo; 07-18-2016 at 01:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts